Jos Luhukay

I actually think Pulis was the one of the worst appointments we could ever make (I say this in hindsight).

He constructed this bizarre mentality where he was above criticism and it was just down to personnel. His interviews were all about how lovely the fans were, how much money the owner had spent and how the team needed completely reshaping. 

Some of his decisions were utterly bizarre (including playing our best centre half in midfield).  I do believe if we'd have appointments Moore sooner and given him the January window we'd have stayed up. 

In terms of Luhukay I think he had the right ideas (in terms of a younger, fitter squad) yet he should have phased the senior players out vs wholesale changes for individuals who were just not up to the challenge (Goalkeepers for example). He's also struggled since.

All in all a cluster f*ck of bad managers since Carlos (bar Bruce). Pulis was the worst for me as he took absolutely no responsibility and took the job on a whim without any due diligence. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

I actually think Pulis was the one of the worst appointments we could ever make (I say this in hindsight).

He constructed this bizarre mentality where he was above criticism and it was just down to personnel. His interviews were all about how lovely the fans were, how much money the owner had spent and how the team needed completely reshaping. 

Some of his decisions were utterly bizarre (including playing our best centre half in midfield).  I do believe if we'd have appointments Moore sooner and given him the January window we'd have stayed up. 

In terms of Luhukay I think he had the right ideas (in terms of a younger, fitter squad) yet he should have phased the senior players out vs wholesale changes for individuals who were just not up to the challenge (Goalkeepers for example). He's also struggled since.

All in all a cluster f*ck of bad managers since Carlos (bar Bruce). Pulis was the worst for me as he took absolutely no responsibility and took the job on a whim without any due diligence. 

Only here for 10 games wanted out after 5 ,I'm not sure he was actually in charge for the last 2 or 3. Told DC what was required and DC told him no so Pulis wanted out very quickly. 

Chris Turner shopuld be up there in the worst Wednesday manager stakes.

He was a Walter Mitty living on Planet Zog

He sold Grant Holt who became a £2 million player to Rochdale for £10,000.

He then used the money to buy Ole Tidman and Kim Olsen.

Two of the worst players ever to represent SWFC.

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

True!

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

image.png.e851c70624529f19545a02995045ceaa.png

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

He also signed Chris Brunt on a free who we sold for millions, and Whelan & Maclean who we should’ve sold for more than we did too.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The worst manager in my 46 years of following the Owls. Monk being his closest rival. 

Both of them have a better record than Moore for us in the championship, and considerably better than Poolis.

I'm not sure my memory works right. I didn't hate him cus as soon as he came in he made us harder to beat and his team won 5-1 on the last day of the season. It was the following season things really went wrong

Edited by DeBilde'sTea

4 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I agree he would be 3rd worst with Irvine 4th and Yorath 5th in the rogues gallery.

No place for Burtenshaw?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The worst manager in my 46 years of following the Owls. Monk being his closest rival. 

In the current climate of extreme wokeness and non-competitive sport in schools I move to make them joint worse managers in the clubs history. We could give them both a statue, something like this …….. 

8C5DC734-11FC-4A6F-914D-DE7AA2F6C65D.jpeg.5379af9089d111c17de1520c4f8be9cf.jpeg

On 16/12/2020 at 16:25, Sticky Micky said:

Never understand the abuse/flack jos got 

He tried doing the right things, getting shut of injury prone players (who most are glad are gone) and the only manager to get nuhiu and Joao firing here 

He was right to dismissed as he'd lost the dressing room (happens all the time with players here) but we've had way worse managers here 

This is the post. 

Old Sticky - who has slated Darren Moore since the first game - hasn't posted since the Barnsley friendly. 

Here he was sticking up for Jos of all people. 

• Haha 2