Bannan

It’s not Bazzas fault he cant put in a decent corner or he can’t make a ten yard simple pass or put in a decent free kick. It’s not his fault that he keeps kicking the ball into touch or his Hollywood balls get cut out easily by defenders, it’s because he hasn’t got decent players around him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bannan's a great player when things are going well.

Unfortunately, he is not the man to drag an under-performing team to a result. Unfortunately, we are a poor side who aren't even under-performing. 

He will probably move to a Brentford in January and do quite well. 

He's done here imo. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 3

Guest Bulgaria

If I were Bannan this morning I would be ringing Brentford up and begging them to come and get me.

He is our best player by miles.  Once he has gone, our chances of creating a goal scoring chance drop to about 2%.

Can anyone really blame him for looking fed up?

Whether Bannan stays or goes doesn’t really matter.  He’s a decent player in one of the worst Wednesday sides in living memory.  He’s not an outstanding player in my opinion.  

Wednesday’s fate is probably sealed and it may be best to get whatever money we can for him which won’t be much.  

I go from anger to apathy supporting Wednesday.  Chansiri is responsible for this mess.  100%

every game this season bannan has had between 0-5% for man of match , that tells a story. ive banged on about him loads , without doubt the most over rated player in history , most of our other halfs have got a better shot than bannan ,his crossing is terrible , often gives the ball away and he aint exactly a unit . 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He’s our top CM by miles.

he is that good pelepessy has got more votes on man of match that bannan most times this season when he has played, surely that alone should say something. this team wont cut it in league 2 and thats were we will be in 18months 

With Hutch & Lee in the side we had a destroyer and a runner which allowed Bannan to pop up all over and be our creator. Nowadays we haven’t got those types of players and Bannan ends up trying to be all three and we blame him because he’s not good enough to do that?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

With Hutch & Lee in the side we had a destroyer and a runner which allowed Bannan to pop up all over and be our creator. Nowadays we haven’t got those types of players and Bannan ends up trying to be all three and we blame him because he’s not good enough to do that?

Agree to an extent that Lee and Hutchinson carried him and that it is more difficult in this team. Unfortunately Monk got rid of them possibly because one had an opinion and the other (Lee) might have been let go because his first thought was to turn forwards and get down the field instead of backwards like a lot of them.

Bannan however has to take some responsibility and get further up field and play from there. We have seen him come to take the ball off Borner and crash into him gifting possession to the opposition and quite often he closes his own players down. Borner can pass as can Van Aken. He should also understand that dragging a player with him towards the triangle of fear when Lees and Palmer are close to him is not productive, Lees begins to panic and stiffen up whilst Palmer panics and kicks the ball out of play. He needs to play in the more difficult areas in and around the opposition box and add to our meagre forward numbers instead of playing between or with our defense, particularly when he cant defend.

• Like 1

For his own sanity, I hope Brentford come knocking in January and he leaves. He’s a good player is Baz but it must be soul destroying playing in this team and these tactics. 

We are going down regardless and we may as well cash in and get some money in January before he leaves for a free in the summer. 

• Like 1

I saw Diego Maradona dragging Napoli to a Serie A title and Argentina to a World Cup win. 
I’m not sure even he could save this lot from relegation. Bannan might not be amazing but he is a good player who hasn’t got the presence to make up for the deficiencies of an ill balanced side using tactics which leave precious few options for the forward ball.

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

If I were Bannan this morning I would be ringing Brentford up and begging them to come and get me.

He is our best player by miles.  Once he has gone, our chances of creating a goal scoring chance drop to about 2%.

Can anyone really blame him for looking fed up?

from what percentage with him playing 4%?