Worst Wednesday side in 20 years?

This is nothing like the worst team we have had in 20 years.

It finished mid table last 3 seasons.

It got 12 points from 11 matches this season under Garry Monk.  It was 30 seconds away from beating QPR, which would have given us the same form over first 11 matches as 12th placed Blackburn.  In many respects, the first 11 matches were a continuation of our overall form since the spendageddon first 2 seasons under Carlos - ie steady, mid table football with limited goals and a tight defence.

It is only under the current manager that we have completely collapsed.

Yep it’s definitely the worst side I’ve seen in my 28 years of support.  The lack of attacks and goal mouth action this side creates is pathetic.  Even in the 3 games we managed to win, the opposition said it was their worst performance of the season.  We are the worst team and it’s just a case of how soon will relegation be confirmed at the moment.  At this rate I’m going to say end of Feb

8 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

£25m of players at the club? The only ones who would attract fees are Bannan, Reach, Iorfa and Luongo. And we’re talking a couple of mill tops for the first three and 350k for the latter 

a few of the others teams would take on a free on vastly reduced wages

the other half are lower league or even non league standard

It goes against the grain with me, but I was trying to be kind to DC.

Of the £350M he has allegedly spent on the club £8M was on JR, 3 years ago, £4M on JVA 3 years ago and £4.5M on AR 4 and a half years ago. Bannan came on a free, the same as most of our other players, or for very small, undisclosed fees. If we reckon that the small fees for the rest of the squad comes to somewhere around £3.5M to a very generous £8.5M, then we ca easily see that DC has wasted £225M on players without improving the squad. We still do not have a solid centre half partnership, we still do not have two championship quality fullbacks, we still do not have two championship quality creative midfield players, we still do not have two championship quality wingers and we still do not have two championship quality strikers. Other areas, like goalkeepers and defensive midfield players are also flimsy, so altogether since Mandaric left we got a new scoreboard, a now, not so good pitch a trip to Wembley and a steady decline to what I believe is a weaker team than the one Megson put together to get us out of League 1. The Championship has got gradually tougher since then, but DC has wazzed away £325M plus of the clubs money on building us a poor league 1 side.

I am uncomfortable with the rhetoric spouted by Pulis recently, regarding previous managers sugar coating the truth about the squad to Chansiri. Monk fell out with Chansiri over several non-signings made in the summer and he did not want several of the players, like Fox and Fletcher to go. DC let them go and did not replace any of the other players released with good quality replacements. DC and his "good player advisor" knew what we needed and did not bring in the players Monk wanted. Bruce left before that because he too was short changed and Jos was only allowed 50K to bring Pelupessy in! Prior to that the discussions about player signings were strange because I only remember Carlos saying how much he wanted to bring in Hooper, also saying that Joao and Matias were bargains. Carlos did not want Rhodes or many of the other players that DC and his chum brought in and out of the club.

If anybody has sugar coated the truth about players coming into our squad, it can only be one person and hopefully DC will finally ditch the wormtongue and let the manager bring in only the players that he wants and the team needs. Pulis has brought in his right hand man known for his ability to spot players. With Gardner on match duty, I am hoping that Pulis's chum has got a good shopping list for DC and that DC is ready to do the business quickly this New year.

UTO!