Gerard Houllier

SiJ

Sugar is cut from a similar cloth to a Trump, just less outright psychotic...probably more of a sociopath.

He's an exceedingly wealthy, ruthless individual, who has surrounded himself with sycophants and hangers on; most of whom will have never told him he is wrong or to stfu.

Because of that it won't have even dawned upon why that could be deemed offensive.

Very sad, I don’t like Liverpool but I had respect for Houllier and he was a nice man.  

I try to forget all the sliding doors moments in Wednesday’s recent history as frankly it would make you want to cry.  Cantona, Houllier,  Vardy.   Supporting the owls is some kind of punishment I’m sure 

• Haha 1

Yeah, to think what could have been.

Thing is, I cant imagine we would have had the resources or wherewithal to implement the sort of transformation that Houllier would have wished to undertake.

By the late 90s, we barely had a pot to pi55 in and any ambition beyond staying up had all but extinguished.

Pretty sure Sir Alex warned Moyes off from taking us over too. Pretty damming.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, to think what could have been.

Thing is, I cant imagine we would have had the resources or wherewithal to implement the sort of transformation that Houllier would have wished to undertake.

By the late 90s, we barely had a pot to pi55 in and any ambition beyond staying up had all but extinguished.

Pretty sure Sir Alex warned Moyes off from taking us over too. Pretty damming.

I think it was a bit later Ferguson warned Moyes about being Wednesday manager in about 2003.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think it was a bit later Ferguson warned Moyes about being Wednesday manager in about 2003.

You might be correct. 

Moyes took the Everton job in 2002, so that would somewhat match up.