Westwood boo boys

Guest Grandad

Each goalie has a technical flaw

westwood - timing coming off his line

dawson-  parrying shots into dangerous areas

wildsmith - saving shots close to his body

the latter clearly been working on it and had started using his feet and a kind of shovelling out technique to deal with the issue .

the two games westwood has played ( or one and a bit ) the line issue is still a problem . Likewise Dawson still has the parry issue

For Now it needs to be wildsmith until the other two have mitigated their obvious issues 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Westwood has clearly got one fault which makes him not an asset but a liability.n Were he to be playing regularly, I would forgive his occasional error. He was a splendid Keeper for us when he was playing regularly, BUT, (a small word but a very important one)if he is not playing, he is useless for us!!! He cannot make saves from the sidelines, and his injuries over recent months mean he is unavailable much more than he is available. I was always a Westwood fan, but you cannot cheer for a man who is not there., unfortunately, and so we must look for a replacement.. In the first instance this looked like being Wildsmith and/or Dawson who botg appeared to be goodn prospects. Unfortunately, they caught the general malaise that is SW. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

They've all been a bit quiet today about Wildsmith literally crossing the ball to their striker for the equaliser yesterday haven't they?

And then letting one through his legs

We really do need Wrstwood back if we are going to climb out of trouble

The same Westwood that cost us the goal at Preston and gets injured on a regular basis , he's not the answer either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't want to sound harsh on the pair and I know there have been various circumstances when both Wildsmith and Dawson have been thrown into teams low on confidence but surely at 25 they both should be steady keepers now.

Guaranteed they will each drop a few clangers every year and cost us points.

I personally think it's time to have look for something better considering Westwood isn't getting any younger.

Remember the impact Bywater made when he came back in 2011? He was very vocal and organised the defence so well. It's another area of the pitch you want a leader in my opinion.

None of the three keepers on our books fill me with confidence. Nor do they fill me with horror. 
The passion for Westwood kind of passed me by. He was good but he hasn’t played for ages other than one game where he was off injured after a very short period of time. 
Dawson gives me more fear that Wildsmith but he’s not awful. 
The problem is our keepers have so much to do each bloomin game there will always be a chance for error. 
Christ, the Barsley keeper actual jumped over the ball, for our goal. Like a bloomin starfish! 
Then he had a couple of saves and that’s that. He’s on the winning side. 
Our poor keeper has the ball coming in his direction for 70 mins a game!

It must be horrible. 
Sure we need an upgrade. Thats the same across the pitch!

But for me stopping the sodding ball coming at the keeper quite so much is a bigger priority!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Westwood is a million times better than the other two even in his mid-thirties but then again  I’ve been saying this for a year and a half.

Wow. Only a million times better?

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

You must live in some world of your own where does it say in that article that monk negotiated the contract ......do really think that the club would give a manager the right to negotiate the terms and all that it entails .....never in a million years .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

On what planet does the manager sit negotiating contracts with players?

lol

Owlstalk Shop