Wednesday - V - Barnsley OMDT

Will tomorrow ....  

275 members have voted

1. 1. ....be TP's first win

• YES
    • No
  2. 2. Does TP look like a man finding out things he didn't know before

• YES- He looks shocked
    • No- I'm sure he was aware what he was coming into.

1 minute ago, Alb1owl said:

Van Allen can play with the ball at his feet, Iorfa can’t. Why isn’t VA in the centre?

Iorfa is a headless chicken in there 

Fair point, was thinking similar.  Van Aken has decent feet and can pass the ball, but so slow and can’t defend to save his life.  Iorfa looks list in midfield.

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

We need to get another striker on at half time.  

Personally I would have three up top.  Need to throw the kitchen sink at them.  

Is there a sink on the bench? Our season seems to have gone the plug hole !

Guest domSWFC

Worrying thing is, I feel the set up under Monk suited us more. Loads of centre backs, but no full backs meant we could use Harris/Reach/Odubajo/Penney/Palmer as wing backs. 

Playing 6 defenders, with a centre back at left back, a centre back at centre mid, a striker at centre mid, whilst leaving 4 centre mids on the bench. Then playing a midfielder upfront whilst leaving the other 2 strikers we have on the bench is ridiculous. 

We've shown we can be solid and organised, but play people in positions they know for god sake. 

Edited by domSWFC

I don’t think it’s much to do with Pulis or however he wants to play ,  you can put that 11 in any formation you like and set them up to your hearts desire ...  9 times out of 10 they get beat at this level 

Just simply not good enough on about every single level 

4 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Bannan may as well have a red shirt on

His passing has been poor but he has set up our goal and is at least showing for the ball and trying something. How many times have Paterson and Iorfa even touched the ball? He doesn't have a midfielder to play off or pass to, it is easy to defend against when only one player wants the ball in the middle of the park. 

Just now, Owly Mowly said:

It is plain to see here that Barnsley are a far better side than us in every single department - when you are at that stage you know there is only one outcome and that’s relegation very quickly 

We’re a decent side, we defend from the front, and your not living we our intensity