So what was it last night then?

No movement, spine  or options for a pass forward throughout the game leads to - 

Back to Bannan picking the ball up outside the 18 yard box.

Back to Reach playing it backwards and sideways.

Back to the CB playing along the back to Lees to hoof it.

Back to no passing, no composure and no shots on target or meaningful attempts.

Whether you want to put that down to travelling, general fatigue, poor fitness, no plan, or no f**king idea is your choice.

Windass was blowing from the first minute.

Loungo was 3 yards off the [very slow] tempo.

Reach's first touch was shocking.

Harris and Paterson were anonymous.

Iorfa was just confused and didn't really know what he was supposed to be doing.

Rhodes is done at this level - players need to be athletes and fill multiple roles.

TP had to get a foothold in midfield by bringing on JP or else it would have been a cricket score.

Perhaps TP needs to look at rotating the two players with pace and play just one first team 'winger' along with the headless Fisyaro?

TP is 'shuffling' his pack and getting the answers we know but he didn't...and is resolving one problem only to create others elsewhere.  It's either going to work [almost] or it goes catastrophically wrong as it did in the first half which he had to sort out.

There will be several more games like last night until he finds a way but if there is no effort off the ball then we have got nothing.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

A lack of effort or fatigue? Because something clearly wasn’t right 

We have too many players consistently under performing and being allowed to do it.

Soft goals conceded, no attacking threat, a midfield unable to produce chances or do basic defending.

These players are not playing 7 games a week in a busy week they are being asked to play at most 300 minutes of football. if they players do not have the fitness levels to play 5 hours of football a week, then they need to find themselves a new job. 

Lees, Bannan, Harris, Palmer, Odabajo, JVA, Pelupessy not one has given us a 90 minutes performance this season. of late Wildsmith has been letting in some very soft goals too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A lost dressing room? It would seem unlikely so early in his tenure, but we’ve seen how devisive his tactics are amongst us fans, so I can imagine it will be the same amongst the players

Its a justifiable point to put forward. As much as I wanted someone more attack minded, I saw Pulis as someone capable of grinding out results for us. I saw last night as an opportunity for us to be effective - keep it tight against a team who are hardly prolific but work the ball more in their half and at least create opportunities to be a threat from set plays. Instead we were on the back foot from minute one and never looked like being able to get back into the match.

If I'm having doubts about what he is trying to do already then like you say, it is not beyond the realms of possibility for the players to be somewhat disillusioned with it. Fair enough set up to defend away to the likes of Norwich and Swansea but if we don't intend to try and gt at Huddersfield then it might be a bit demoralising for anyone wanting to try and play some football.

Tony Pulis is a set piece manager why do we not have anyone at the club that can take a free kick or a bloody corner, Bannan delivery most of the time is awful he need taking off corners then I saw Harris attempt toward the end last night he fired it over everyone and out for a goal kick.

Two so call good players who have been awful for most of this season and big chunks of last. They have so far this season 2 assists in a combined 31 games, simple not good enough and for me both need dropping. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only saw the second half (thank God) 

We’re a team playing on ‘hope’ to be honest. 

The day Huddersfield can take the wee like that, it’s gone too far. 

We have about 2 passing patterns, if that, because nobody wants to move - especially when we’re losing. We have no goal scorers or threat or idea... and that’s what we’ve purposely bought. Garbage. 

• Like 5

What p1sses me off is when someone has the ball, the rest just stand by and watch - for a pass, a throw, when they are boxed in with 2 or 3 opposites around them or carrying the ball forward in the middle third, no one is f**king remotely interested in finding an angle or attacking a space to help.

They are letting each other down and making themselves look like a pub team.

It takes some doing to make yourselves look crapper than you actually are...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What I want to know is what has happened to the team since Monk took over, we have gone from bossing games to some games having less than 30% of the possession, if we don't have the ball and spend most of the match chasing the other team with it what chance do we have putting it in the back of the net.

Its all about effort and intelligence.

Shez would boss an entire  game with moving outside the centre circle BUT he was always available even if it was just one yard forward or back or to the side to create an angle to receive a pass, turn and distribute.

It's basics.

• Like 1

Huddersfield passed the ball and moved - not Barcelona stuff, just showed some fluidity... not pass then stop. 

Our guys are going to get more tired by not having the ball - than doing the passing and moving themselves. 

Their keeper literally stood on the ball as no one challenged him - and when someone jogged forward, he just passed it either side of Windass. 

Our best movement came from Joey !!!  FFS   

I think they need showing some videos of how players are meant to move !  

It’s meant to be a fun sport - not a chore 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1