Have we taken our foot off the gas?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Since the reduction in the points deducted?

That happened on 4th November - since then we have won 0 games. Drawn 4.

Prior to that we had won 3, drawn 3.

12 points before, 4 points since.

I have no idea I'm just clutching at straws here. But our form has dropped off a cliff and we now look completely incapable of winning again.

I think it’s one of them there Pulis came in, and people just presumed he would keep us up. I think he and us and underestimated the task ahead. I still think we will stop up, but our recruitment in January will be crucial. 2 or 3 impact loan signings and we will be fine. 

We are absolutely desperate for a target man to hold the ball up, and allow us to get up the pitch. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think it’s one of them there Pulis came in, and people just presumed he would keep us up. I think he and us and underestimated the task ahead. I still think we will stop up, but our recruitment in January will be crucial. 2 or 3 impact loan signings and we will be fine. 

We are absolutely desperate for a target man to hold the ball up, and allow us to get up the pitch. 

Agree with this. 

Who even are our strikers? I overestimated our Summer signings but we let go of (can't believe I'm saying this) Nuhiu who would have worked well in either Monk's or Pulis' style. 

We have:

Windass - not a striker

Rhodes - not a striker anymore. If your slow you need to be able to hold up the ball and he can't.

Paterson - unsure of position

Marriot - injured but looked awful anyway. 

Windass our best attacking option and is more of through ball player rather than target man. 

I think Monk signed these players as he sold a dream to get out of -12 which can show great character. When we got out of the -12 management lacked the ambition to sell to the players the next dream of getting out of relegation etc. This also shows how weak our character can be riding on zero confidence. 

• Like 2

I'd got quite comfortable watching us, not expecting to lose. Then thirty minutes of football at the end of the Norwich game and start of the Huddersfield game;

four goals conceded, none scored, and my confidence is completely shot again. Dreading every game again now.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

It’s always darkest before dawn.

I see reasons for optimism. Was happy with the first 5 games under Pulis in terms of effort and wasn’t surprised we lacked the quality to beat all of the autos and play off sides.

Huddersfield was awful but just putting it down as a bad day at the office for now after a run of hard games in quick succession. We really are at crunch time though.. next 8 want a minimum of 4 wins if not 5 to give us a decent chance. Need to get off on the front foot on Saturday.

But if we can’t win over the next couple of games the optimism will dissipate 

We just have a team full of losers, captained by a loser, paid by the biggest loser (DC) 

This club lacks winning from top to bottom 

All we hear is 'up to us to turn it around' but it never happens 

22 hours ago, Grandad said:

I have no idea I'm just clutching at straws here. But our form has dropped off a cliff and we now look completely incapable of winning again.

I think it's more down to the fact that the players we have aren't particularly adept at playing football. It's something that would hamper any team tbf

23 hours ago, Grandad said:

We've taken our foot of the gas since the play off final 

Guest Hornsby
23 hours ago, Grandad said:

One of the ingredients of poor performing players - other than skill-  is motivation (think Fessy if he tried).

With this cheap lot, and loan lads, vey difficult to focus , especially when morale is missing.

Jose couldn't sort Chansiri's crap.