Paris v Istanbul

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Got a feeling this thread will get pulled soon.

Think they should warn 4th official about using that term, probably didn't mean any offence in the heat of the moment.
If he does it again then remove him from the officials list.

And no issue with that but some are just assuming hes racist without accepting different issues in Romania, funnily enough the same posters who try to explain differences when it suits.

If you were at work in a shop or a pub or any customer-facing job, and you had a few customers waiting to be served including one who was black (or old, or disabled) and your colleague came to help you and asked who was next, you wouldn’t go “it’s the black/old/disabled one” would you? 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

And no issue with that but some are just assuming hes racist without accepting different issues in Romania, funnily enough the same posters who try to explain differences when it suits.

Why should Romania have "different issues"?

What are these different issues you speak of?

It's funny how this Romanian seems to be getting sympathy, but any mention of the Romanian immigrants in Page Hall, the sympathy for their different issues seems to disappear....

Edited by markowl

40 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Where and when have I defended racism???

This whole thread, it's the whole basis of your argument, you are making excuses for the 4th officials racism.

As for growing up and ' putting the tissues' away ..I take that as a dig that because I get angry about casual and outright racism, I'm over sensitive ?.

Well I'm not going to change, as long as there are posters and people like you and Ellis Rimmer in this word, so get used to your uneducated view points being challenged whenever I see them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

If you were at work in a shop or a pub or any customer-facing job, and you had a few customers waiting to be served including one who was black (or old, or disabled) and your colleague came to help you and asked who was next, you wouldn’t go “it’s the black/old/disabled one” would you? 

What if there was a blond and a dark haired customer?

Would it be ok to say "the blond guy is next" ?

If there were several black people waiting and one white guy. Would it be ok to say "the white chap is next" ?

The guy with the beard is next and the chap with the hat is next and the bloke wearing a dress is after that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Yes of course you would, theres no wonder crimes seem to be going thru the roof if you can't use a person's characteristics to describe the offender.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, markowl said:

Why should Romania have "different issues"?

What are these different issues you speak of?

It's funny how this Romanian seems to be getting sympathy, but any mention of the Romanian immigrants in Page Hall, the sympathy for their different issues seems to disappear....

I rest my cause my lord.

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If there were several black people waiting and one white guy. Would it be ok to say "the white chap is next" ?

According to some on here yes.

In fact one poster would say "the brown person is next".

12 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

This whole thread, it's the whole basis of your argument, you are making excuses for the 4th officials racism.

As for growing up and ' putting the tissues' away ..I take that as a dig that because I get angry about casual and outright racism, I'm over sensitive ?.

Well I'm not going to change, as long as there are posters and people like you and Ellis Rimmer in this word, so get used to your uneducated view points being challenged whenever I see them. 

Uneducated view points 😂 nobody in this thread has defended racism what bits hard to understand.

9 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

What if there was a blond and a dark haired customer?

Would it be ok to say "the blond guy is next" ?

The guy with the beard is next and the chap with the hat is next and the bloke wearing a dress is after that.

Anybody with an ounce of common sense would say yes but in today's world apparently not.

15 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Did you read the link?

• Like 1

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Uneducated view points 😂 nobody in this thread has defended racism what bits hard to understand.

Right, that's me done.

I've done my bit and called you out, you can't defend your viewpoint and now your lying about defending racism so there isn't much point continuing in this thread.

I'll see you in the next thread where you show your complete ignorance on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

It's not service though is it? 

Different ways of speaking in different situations

If it was a police incident for example skin colour would be absolutely necessary to describe somebody

1 minute ago, Bannofan said:

Right, that's me done.

I've done my bit and called you out, you can't defend your viewpoint and now your lying about defending racism so there isn't much point continuing in this thread.

I'll see you in the next thread where you show your complete ignorance on the subject.

Ok last post.

Only person lying us you but I'm not surprised at that tbh.

I've never defended racism but keep trying to be superior by throwing the racist card about, well done you 👍

• Like 1

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

No time I'm busy now got to do some work before painting some walls a non specific colour as don't wish to offend you or bannofan.

Fair enough.

Paint colour and skin colour are entirely analogous.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's not service though is it? 

Different ways of speaking in different situations

If it was a police incident for example skin colour would be absolutely necessary to describe somebody

Err.

It wasn't a police incident.