Huddersfield - V - Wednesday OMDT

Big Dom...  

174 members have voted

1. 1. ....a future in midfield?

• Yes- Got the attributes
    • No - Nothing more than a stop-gap

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Tonight's referee is Keith Stroud. 

Funny little man who looks very fussy around the pitch. From what I remember he's not bad. 

I stand corrected if anybody knows otherwise. 

One of the better ones. Uses common sense more than most.

Did Barnsley v Bournemouth last Friday.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair neither him or vanAkren fill me with any confidence at full back. 

Odd-job tends to lose concentration and focus too often, hence being better at wingback. As for 

VanAkren if their lad on the right has any pace we're in trouble, as if he knocks it past him he'll have finished his scoring lap of honour and we'll have kicked back off before van akren turns around to chase him. He's not mobile or agile enough as a cb let alone fullback. 

Same, I agree. I just highlighted Odubajo as he got put back at full back again. Playing him, Van Aken, kinda Paterson as a ST and now Iorfa in midfield, in unnatural positions worry me. Especially when we have players who are more natural in those positions, like Penney/Palmer, Rhodes and Pelupessy. People might think those are worse or better ect. but we are still playing players out of position. I feel especially for Iorfa who was coming along at CB, I would replace Lees at CB for him or move him to RB where he's at least played before, as Palmer has been kinda poor recently. Iorfa is a CB and RB when needs must. It just puts the wrong single out to the players when we are bypassing players and shoehorning others in. Those examples and the Rhodes incident are not what we need in our current situation. Also Odubajo played excellent as a winger/wingback for a few games, then is on the bench for a few and is at full back again? I don't get it all.   

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair neither him or vanAkren fill me with any confidence at full back. 

Odd-job tends to lose concentration and focus too often, hence being better at wingback. As for 

VanAkren if their lad on the right has any pace we're in trouble, as if he knocks it past him he'll have finished his scoring lap of honour and we'll have kicked back off before van akren turns around to chase him. He's not mobile or agile enough as a cb let alone fullback. 

Agree, if we need a left back I think Penney should be given a go. 

He's far more mobile and quicker than JVA plus would offer more going forward.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I' don't know what It is with Penney, he does look capable, if lacking in experience of being a good championship fullback, but whomever we get in as gaffer dosent seem to play him. 

• Like 1

I'll stick my neck out, we're actually not that bad, we have decent players.  They just need organising, getting used to playing with each other, getting fit and obviously we need someone who can make something happen in the area and get it over the line.

I know optimism on here probably means you believe in unicorns and care bears but we look organised at the minute for the first time this year.

Looking forward to tonight.

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Agree capable of putting good crosses into the box. 

Nice one Snoots.

Got a draw written all over this one.

Starting to get hopeful tho’ with things starting to click.

Unlike dem Blavges, no chance of us getting ‘outshaped’ by these carpet mekkers...