Huddersfield - V - Wednesday OMDT

Big Dom...  

174 members have voted

1. 1. ....a future in midfield?

• Yes- Got the attributes
    • No - Nothing more than a stop-gap

Guest Bulgaria

Big game this one. Another battling, hard working performance and we come away with nothing may see some heads starting to drop.

I go 1-1.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

giphy-downsized.gif.acb9f959b7ccd3be343c8e91cde16a94.gif

All that bloody good work against Norwich and we bloody throw it away like that. Of course, on my little fixture list I'd already got it marked as a red cross game. A red cross of defeat you understand, not the Red Cross. Though , Lord alone knows it feels like we need them! 

I didn't expect anything from that game. Which makes the defeat all the more galling as that is one of our best performances in a long, long time. 

Adam Reach. Crikey, the boy looks a different player getting a decent run on his natural wing doesn't he. Who'd have thought it eh? What a headline

"Left winger looking good on the left" 

Shock Horror!

I mean it's been so blindingly obvious to every fan for the past 4 years that's where he should be. Some of his delivery into the box has been superb. 

His cross for Paterson against Reading was wonderful.

4pgv6z.gif

But that cross on Saturday for Windass' bonce was absolutely magnificent. 

4pguy5.gif

And we've been robbed of his doing that for us for too long with over complicated tactical shenanigans from various bosses. 

Also Reach getting through the hard yards. Never seen his tracking back and getting a foot in and a block in like this in the rest of his Wednesday career. There was a clearance/block the other week on our goal line, the like of which I wasn't sure he was capable of.  

Harris too, probably the best I've seen him for The Wednesday a thorn in the side all afternoon for the Canaries. The first is a definite penalty in my eyes too. It's as nailed on as the boy Nazareth. 

The second , no, their lad gets the ball. However, that being the case, should we not have had a free-kick when their keeper picked it up when their player guided it back to him? 

image.png.8f56b719d73d629ce08b069b725ce61d.png

Play on according to the referee who had a completely unrestricted view.

I don't know, maybe the rules have changed since I last checked. Probably have. The whole world seems to be changing. 

Swings and roundabouts of course, we got away with a couple against Reading. 

Frustrating though because at that stage we were playing very well and for a team expecting to be in one of the auto spots I thought Norwich were looking a bit lost for ideas. A second goal there would have killed them in my opinion. 

Of course, old Joey has the chance to put the game to bed. Falls to any of our more attack minded players and it probably hits the onion bag and it's its good night Vienna to Delia and her boys.  As it is, the boys only been on the pitch 4 minutes and it's his first touch. 

Why the hell are you banging on about this defeat?! You may well ask.

And I daresay some of you may scream. Well, because as I said it was one of those games on my fixture list that I had a little red cross at the side of. Didn't think we'd get anything there. Or more to the point...didn't Expect us to get anything there. But the performance was a positive, and I do think that a similar performance against Huddersfield will be enough to get that 3 points and vital win. 

Of course, that would mean consistency and that's something we've struggled for for ....well, ages. But if we can. If we can keep getting Reach and Harris in those areas. If we can keep Borner looking like his old self and if Windass can keep making those runs that defenders hate off the blindside shoulder then we have a great opportunity to get something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

VS

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

image.png.d3c4d00752fa26bd1e2a95597bc88e46.png

Sky Bet Championship.

Tuesday 8th December 2020.

Kick off 7:45pm

Kirklees Stadium 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

Having recorded back-to-back wins on just one occasion since his arrival in the summer, it is fair to say that the Huddersfield Town squad are still adapting to life under Carlos Corberan.

Nevertheless, the Terriers are doing more than enough to keep themselves out of trouble, picking up victories every so often to keep the club in the mid-table positions.

While Corberan and his players will naturally want to achieve more in the coming weeks, home wins over Middlesbrough and Queens Park Rangers have eased the pressure heading into the Christmas period.

As well as holding a 10-point advantage above the bottom three, Huddersfield now sit just six points adrift of the playoffs, and Corberan will recognise that there is a window of opportunity to challenge for a top-six spot.

Josh Koroma has been the star of the show in recent fixtures, contributing a goal and an assist in each of his last two appearances on familiar territory.

Huddersfield will be without Christopher Schindler, who sustained a knee injury during the closing stages of the win over QPR.

Youngster Rarmani Edmonds-Green could be provided with his first start of the season in what may be the only change to the starting XI.

image.png.704a9ceedc78a3b5cbfa2c2746f14dba.png

Huddersfield Town possible:
Hamer

Pipa   E-Green   Sarr  Toffolo

Eiting   Hogg   O'Brien

Mbenza     Campbell      Koroma

WEDNESDAY

The 2-1 defeat at Norwich City on Saturday afternoon has left Wednesday four points adrift of safety ahead of contests against Huddersfield, Barnsley, Nottingham Forest and Coventry City which could make-or-break the club's season.

Although the positives would have been taken from the performance at Carrow Road, Pulis desperately needs to get a win on the board if he is to gain trust from the club's supporters, and even then many will still be against him such is modern football based in his reputation. 

With Pulis having praised his team's performance at the weekend, it would come as a surprise if he made any alterations to his formation.

Windass will play despite a hamstring strain picked up at Carrow Road however the striker who has been involved in more goal scoring moves than any other Owls player this season, has said it's nothing more than a dead leg and declared himself ready to play. 

image.png.f2e4cd341f9758fbe1d8c5d870c993ca.png

Wednesday possible: 

Wildsmith

Odubajo  Lees  Borner  Aken 

Harris Paterson Iorfa  Bannan   Reach

Windass

----------------------------------------

FORM GUIDE 

Huddersfield : D-L-D-W-L-W

Wednesday : D-L-D-D-D-L

----------------------------------------------------

AS IT STANDS...

image.png.59eb60de94bb3960c200f3dfb33f51ab.png

------------------------------------------------------------------

COME ON

WEDNESDAY!

"Having recorded back-to-back wins on just one occasion since his arrival in the summer," Look who's rolling into town. Why us haha. "Windass will play despite a hamstring strain picked up at Carrow Road however the striker who has been involved in more goal scoring moves than any other Owls player this season, has said it's nothing more than a dead leg and declared himself ready to play." That's him off injured in the first half then. Odubajo worries me at full back, prefer him on the wing or at wing back. I don't know what the score will be today, but think it will be a loss or a draw.  

Great stuff Snoots. Love the two Reach vids together. Oh how foolish have we been? Harris and Reach are a huge threat again, simply by playing them on their obvious sides.

I voted YES in your Iorfa poll, though I don’t think he has “all the attributes” yet. I think he has all the potential. When our strongest midfield is fit (Paterson - Bannan - Luongo) Dom should and will revert to RB or CB. Right now he should be RB. Moses worries me defensively, and the Lees-Borner pairing is doing great.

Odd for a squad struggling so badly, that under a proper manager it pretty much picks itself:-

Iorfa - Lees - Borner - Joost

Harris - Luongo - Paterson - Bannan - Reach

Windass

and isn’t it nice to see all ten outfielders in their naturally best role?

Big hopes for tonight. I’d love to see Harris get in on the act. Reach has had a goal, two unreal assists and some decent shots in the recent four games. If we can get Harris in a similar vein it makes us a massive handful for opposing defences.

• Like 1