Championship Form Table - Tony Pulis time at SWFC so far

Why is anyone surprised?

We replaced a negative manager who struggled to get the team to score goals, with an even more negative one, who has a record of scoring even less goals and comparatively also had a lower ppg than his predecessor at Middlesbrough too. 

This is what DC wanted, this is what the fans welcomed...it isnt going to get much better (until Pulis leaves)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Why is anyone surprised?

We replaced a negative manager who struggled to get the team to score goals, with an even more negative one, who has a record of scoring even less goals and comparatively also had a lower ppg than his predecessor at Middlesbrough too. 

This is what DC wanted, this is what the fans welcomed...it isnt going to get much better (until Pulis leaves)

Let's say pulis said sod it I'm off tomorrow,who the ******** do you think would take this job and turn it round..dont think,with this squad,said manager exists..ffs

Just now, brando said:

Let's say pulis said sod it I'm off tomorrow,who the ******** do you think would take this job and turn it round..dont think,with this squad,said manager exists..ffs

And dont say warnock,him and pulis are just about the same...

5 minutes ago, brando said:

Our form was 2 points off the form of Blackburn in 12th when we sacked the previous manager, and, the very poor week v Luton, Rotherham, Wycombe aside, we were doing OK this season.

I dont think its too hard a job.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

You've changed your tune.

This almost sounded like a plea for Pulis by the end...

:duntmatter:

On 29/10/2020 at 08:03, mcmigo said:

We have a cheap squad of cast offs from other teams. Our signings - Flint, marriot, Windass, Patterson, dele et al are championship reserves not wanted by their former championship clubs. We have four players of good quality at the club - Iorfa , bannan, brown and Luongo. That is because we have broken FFP rules, and are favourites for relegation. In short, we have put together a cheap squad of cast offs and injury prone players as they are the only players who would come and we could afford.

The manager and coaches need to somehow find a way to stay in this league with this squad and a points deduction.  In reality he only has one way of doing this. We lack any pace in attack or midfield, again because we can’t afford or attract good players. So we need to stay up by being hard to beat, and scrape low scoring wins and draws. That relies on the players being very disciplined and focused and not making mistakes . they are making bad mistakes sadly .

with the squad limitations, I am not convinced there is another way we can play this. We simply have to double down on getting the players confident and focused , especially the defenders and goalie , and work relentlessly on set plays for goal scoring. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Our form was 2 points off the form of Blackburn in 12th when we sacked the previous manager, and, the very poor week v Luton, Rotherham, Wycombe aside, we were doing OK this season.

So you're saying, apart from 3 defeats in a row against teams at the bottom of the league, without scoring a single goal, everything was fine?

Comedy genius 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So it is a hard job or not @mcmigo

A month ago you believed it was almost an impossible task. Now your saying it’s not a hard job. 

I think you’re getting a bit confused. 

Nothing in there that said it was impossible. I said exactly what we needed to do , and monk was trying and succeeding in that ie narrow wins and tight defending given the squad isn’t great .

crucially i said focus on tight wins.  Pulis so far has taken my advice to the letter , but missed out the bit about wins.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Nothing in there that said it was impossible. I said exactly what we needed to do , and monk was trying and succeeding in that ie narrow wins and tight defending given the squad isn’t great .

crucially i said focus on tight wins.  Pulis so far has taken my advice to the letter , but missed out the bit about wins.

lol

1 minute ago, markowl said:

So you're saying, apart from 3 defeats in a row against teams at the bottom of the league, without scoring a single goal, everything was fine?

Comedy genius 🤣 

Even including that poor week, we were 30 secs away ( qpr) from having the same points return from our matches than 12th placed Blackburn rovers when monk was sacked. 

Since then we have been in free fall .

• Haha 1

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 15.58.06.jpg

Whilst people are mocking others who are saying we aren't doing very well

Whilst people are laughing at people saying we need to get better
Whilst people are taking the mick out of posts saying that our current form is terrible

Here's the current championship league table and Tony Puli's form so far

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, mcmigo said:

Even including that poor week, we were 30 secs away ( qpr) from having the same points return from our matches than 12th placed Blackburn rovers when monk was sacked. 

Since then we have been in free fall .

Funny you should mention 30 secs away.

How many crucial last minute goals did we concede under Monk?

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 15.58.06.jpg

Whilst people are mocking others who are saying we aren't doing very well

Whilst people are laughing at people saying we need to get better
Whilst people are taking the mick out of posts saying that our current form is terrible

Here's the form table

14 games too many to be a proper form table...

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep mocking/laughing

We're bottom of the league

Our current form is relegation form

But hey if you find that amusing then....

No you're right.

Things have only got really serious since Pulis took over.

• Like 1