Championship Form Table - Tony Pulis time at SWFC so far

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I’m just stating facts. This is a fact. I’ve decided it’s a fact so it’s a fact.

People who don’t understand football don’t trust in Pulis and believe one victory against Bournemouth is proof Monk was going to fire us up the league. These supporters worry a lot and don’t understand the game. 

Fans who trust in Pulis have a calm head and have the patience to give him a bit more time and draw conclusion after 10 games.

Just facts bro

Another poster who's never played the game of football

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No not at all

It was because people were using it as a diversion and distraction away from discussing Pulis form record so far

And because of your appeal for sensible discussion only, presumably?

• Haha 1

On 05/12/2020 at 16:14, mcmigo said:

Eh?

we had one of the best defensive records in the league this season under monk when he was sacked.

on the flip side we only have one clean sheet in 5 under Pulis.  

I have no issues people liking Pulis over monk. I like Tony Pulis, I could listen to him talk all day. I hope he is a huge success here but it’s weird people keep making these odd statements that are the opposite of the actual evidence.

WTF:

On 05/12/2020 at 20:48, mcmigo said:

9 points dropped admittedly.

10 points gained the following week.

So over those 2 weeks, an average of 5 points per week. 

Since then, a miserable return of less than a point a week.

Crediting Monk with the 6 points gained from the reduction is a pathetic way to have a dig. it's actually 9 points dropped and 4 points gained from actions on the pitch.

27 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Crediting Monk with the 6 points gained from the reduction is a pathetic way to have a dig. it's actually 9 points dropped and 4 points gained from actions on the pitch.

No mention of monk at all in my post. I just said we got 10 points in 2 weeks. Simple fact. 

it’s odd people keep bringing up Garry monk when he is no longer our manager, but don’t like mentioning that we have returned to the bottom of the league and our form has collapsed under Tony pulis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

No mention of monk at all in my post. I just said we got 10 points in 2 weeks. Simple fact. 

it’s odd people keep bringing up Garry monk when he is no longer our manager, but don’t like mentioning that we have returned to the bottom of the league and our form has collapsed under Tony pulis. 

Im confused where people are getting their stats from.

In Monk’s last 6 games in charge we got 4 points, scored twice, conceded 7.  Played 2 sides in the top half and 4 in the bottom half 

In Pulis’s first 5 games in charge he has got 3 points, scored 3 times, conceded 5.  Played 4 teams in the top half and 1 in the bottom half.

Yet our form has dropped off a cliff? 

Can someone help explain that one? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Im confused where people are getting their stats from.

In Monk’s last 6 games in charge we got 4 points, scored twice, conceded 7.  Played 2 sides in the top half and 4 in the bottom half 

In Pulis’s first 5 games in charge he has got 3 points, scored 3 times, conceded 5.  Played 4 teams in the top half and 1 in the bottom half.

Yet our form has dropped off a cliff? 

Can someone help explain that one? 

We have gone from 12 points in 11 games this season, to 3 points in 5.  That is a collapse I am afraid, and the scary thing for Tony Pulis is that Monk got the sack for 12 points from 11 games. So to better the run that got Garry monk the sack by one point , our tone needs to win 2 and draw 4 of the next 6, and not lose.

we could well be looking for another manager soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Pulis has had to play two of his five games with ten men as well. Monk has also had a summer of transfers and prep with the side. 

If matches where we had a man sent off don’t count, why do people keep banging on about the defeats to Rotherham and Luton under monk then ? 

equally, if monk had an advantage because he had the summer to prep the team, why on earth did we fire him knowing that Pulis would not have that advantage and therefore wouldn’t do as well ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We have gone from 12 points in 11 games this season, to 3 points in 5.  That is a collapse I am afraid, and the scary thing for Tony Pulis is that Monk got the sack for 12 points from 11 games. So to better the run that got Garry monk the sack by one point , our tone needs to win 2 and draw 4 of the next 6, and not lose.

we could well be looking for another manager soon.

Ah right okay we are adjusting the stats to suit our agendas,  understand now.

Completely realistic to expect Pulis to have matched the same points total when playing 6 games fewer. 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Ah right okay we are adjusting the stats to suit our agendas,  understand now.

Completely realistic to expect Pulis to have matched the same points total when playing 6 games fewer. 

You can use any number of games you want. Go on , please do.

using their last 1,2,3,4 or 5 games. Same answer.   Our form has collapsed.  It’s odd I am the only supporter who is worried about that. 

• Like 1

The response to any criticism of Pulis is quite  bizarre.  Numbers don't lie, he is statistically worse than Monk this season.   

38 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It’s odd I am the only supporter who is worried about that. 

You're not.  

On 06/12/2020 at 04:22, mcmigo said:

I will confess I am struggling here.

we beat second placed Bournemouth easily only one week before Pulis took over. 

what’s changed which makes beating good teams now not possible?

And yet you conveniently ignore rotherham luton and Wycombe horror shows and focus on one game. Ok. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
59 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Our form has collapsed.  It’s odd I am the only supporter who is worried about that. 

You're not

I don't think our form has collapsed under Pulis as we didn't have any form before really.

2 wins in 11 before Monk was sacked. 

I also don't think Pulis has made that much of a difference yet, 3 points from 5 games is a fair reflection of those games.
Think it says more about what a weak squad we have got rather than about Monk or Pulis, although Monk must take some blame for that.
Pulis has to get the January transfer window right otherwise I cant see us getting enough goals to stop up.