Championship Form Table - Tony Pulis time at SWFC so far

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

If we go Dow n you’ve got to look at that shocking week against Luton rovrum and wycombe

9 points dropped admittedly.

10 points gained the following week.

So over those 2 weeks, an average of 5 points per week. 

Since then, a miserable return of less than a point a week.

Just now, ANDY said:

Why has this thread restarted ? 

Because folks (deliberately) sabotaged the last one with all kinds of Monk nonsense

So - I thought we should just have a thread with the current form table since Pulis started so we can discuss how he's doing, how he can improve, how we expect things to play out etc

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

That league table shows that, based on results, things haven't got better - statistically worse on a PPG basis.

My view is that the performances have been better under Pulis - but the bar was low.

Perhaps more importantly, have we seen enough in these 5 games to suggest TP can do enough to keep us up? Probably - but if he does it will be close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well

i would still take Pulis over Monk regardless of the form table. 

Monk only had 1 plan. He was tactically inept. 

Pulis has added something that we were missing. We seem more solid defensively despite shipping 2 goals today. 

had monk been in charge we would have been on the wrong end of a 4 or 5 goal drubbing 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Well

i would still take Pulis over Monk regardless of the form table. 

Monk only had 1 plan. He was tactically inept. 

Pulis has added something that we were missing. We seem more solid defensively despite shipping 2 goals today. 

had monk been in charge we would have been on the wrong end of a 4 or 5 goal drubbing 

Eh?

we had one of the best defensive records in the league this season under monk when he was sacked.

on the flip side we only have one clean sheet in 5 under Pulis.  

I have no issues people liking Pulis over monk. I like Tony Pulis, I could listen to him talk all day. I hope he is a huge success here but it’s weird people keep making these odd statements that are the opposite of the actual evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because folks (deliberately) sabotaged the last one with all kinds of Monk nonsense

So - I thought we should just have a thread with the current form table since Pulis started so we can discuss how he's doing, how he can improve, how we expect things to play out etc

I think todays game answered all those questions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Eh?

we had one of the best defensive records in the league this season under monk when he was sacked.

on the flip side we only have one clean sheet in 5 under Pulis.  

I have no issues people liking Pulis over monk. I like Tony Pulis, I could listen to him talk all day. I hope he is a huge success here but it’s weird people keep making these odd statements that are the opposite of the actual evidence.

we would have lost more games (of the ones we’ve played under Pulis) than we have since his arrival. 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Because we've played 4 out of the top 6 teams...

This season has seen Wednesday fans reaching new lows by trying to pretend that playing teams in the top half of the league doesn't count, and that Tony Pulis is the only manager to have ever done that 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Because we've played 4 out of the top 6 teams...

I will confess I am struggling here.

we beat second placed Bournemouth easily only one week before Pulis took over. 

what’s changed which makes beating good teams now not possible?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This season has seen Wednesday fans reaching new lows by trying to pretend that playing teams in the top half of the league doesn't count, and that Tony Pulis is the only manager to have ever done that 

This season has seen OT trying to pretend that not beating Rotherham, Wycombe and Barnsley doesn't matter 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1