6 Games Before January

We've six games left until January, where Pulis could potentially get some players in. 

Huddersfield, Barnsley, Forest, Coventry, Blackburn, Boro

These are the games where Pulis can start to pick up points IMO (or more needs to)

Remember, our last four games have just been against teams who currently sit 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the league - Getting draws from these games was always the best we could hope for

• Like 6

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

To play devils advocate we said exactly the same about Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe....

... Agreed but hopefully having Pulis rather than Monk will improve things for us. However, if you (often) can't score then you don't stand much chance of winning. That's a huge concern.

I’ve said this a million times but 

It doesn’t matter WHO you play in this league. Every team is of a very similar standard 

No one runs away with it 

Every game is winnable 

Which is why it’s so hard to predict

fixtures and who we’re playing doesn’t mean anything to me 

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I’ve said this a million times but 

It doesn’t matter WHO you play in this league. Every team is of a very similar standard 

No one runs away with it 

Every game is winnable 

Which is why it’s so hard to predict

fixtures and who we’re playing doesn’t mean anything to me 

Norwich had a team full of players who won the league 2 years ago

The guy who scored the winner was wanted by Barcelona in the summer

They will win the league this year

We frustrated them and if Palmer does his job we walk away with 3 points 

• Like 3

We have got to make sure that the gap between us and 4th bottom doesn’t get any bigger than 5 points between now and January.

Then come January, given the fact that it’s Chansiri’s fault we got a 6 point deduction, he owes it to us to dig deep and bring in at least 2 new strikers who know where the back of the net is because without more goals in this side we are destined to be playing third division football next season.

• Like 1

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Norwich had a team full of players who won the league 2 years ago

The guy who scored the winner was wanted by Barcelona in the summer

They will win the league this year

We frustrated them and if Palmer does his job we walk away with 3 points 

2 years ago though 

They were 15 points adrift at the bottom of the PL last season, which makes them easily championship standard 

I get you’re point, they are better than us but no one stands out in this league 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

2 years ago though 

They were 15 points adrift at the bottom of the PL last season, which makes them easily championship standard 

I get you’re point, they are better than us but no one stands out in this league 

Understand your point but I’d rather play teams nearer the middle or bottom the the top 

19 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

We've six games left until January, where Pulis could potentially get some players in. 

Huddersfield, Barnsley, Forest, Coventry, Blackburn, Boro

These are the games where Pulis can start to pick up points IMO (or more needs to)

Remember, our last four games have just been against teams who currently sit 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the league - Getting draws from these games was always the best we could hope for

We beat the team sat 2nd in the table not long ago, so I'm not sure the best we could hope for was a draw from each of these five games.

Yes, we've had a tough run of fixtures, but in the position we're in, we simply have to find a way of picking up wins when we're not expected to.

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

2 years ago though 

They are still a team of top quality championship players

If you look at TPs games so far 2 of them we have played with 10 men, today we play the best team in the league, Swansea bring on a 20m player who scored. 

To me the only disappointing performance was the Stoke game

The games against the teams mid to lower table will define where we finish in the league

We need to be looking for 4-6 points from the next 2 games

The problem come  1st January depends where we find ourselves at that point. I just don't see that anyone in their right mind would want to sign for a side that could look nailed on to go down. It's ok us expecting DC to fund a decent signing, but who would want to come?

We might have to look to the loan market for someone who wants game time to perhaps get us out of the cart. It's a difficult one, it really is and certainly not easily solvable.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I suspect that playing against the top sides suits our style better. Today we nearly did a perfect job of sitting deep and catching them on the break. I'm not sure we have the personel to force the issue against weaker sides.

Tbh I'd never thought about that. 

Can you imagine full defence mode... 

Against Coventry. 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

lets not get too excited about jan 1st. exactly what decent signings have we made since 5years ago jan 1st 2016? nobody is sending us there star players . by then we could be 10-15points from 4th bottom . 

Could be too late by the next transfer window,6 games,we still struggle and wycombe,derby etc pick points up . .we need points..now..