Let’s not lose our heads

22 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

How many strikers have we brought in over last few managers that have been crap, injury prone.. Nuhiu was prob most consistent scorer of the lot. Somet stinks that nobody can get it right. 

Good point, Rhodes for 10 million Paterson for 500k, I'd rather have Nuhiu, Tp would have him playing better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. 😀

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Wonder if we can tempt Vardy..he likes 90th minute winners..

He loved that he's a super Owl. UTO UTO FTB. WTID. 

14 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Good point, Rhodes for 10 million Paterson for 500k, I'd rather have Nuhiu, Tp would have him playing better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. 😀

Kachunga, Da Cruz, the list goes on, Rodri n Stevie May too, seems to happen far too often but maybe most fans of clubs say that. 

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

Kachunga, Da Cruz, the list goes on, Rodri n Stevie May too, seems to happen far too often but maybe most fans of clubs say that. 

Hopefully this poor recruitment will change under TP, he's got that stubbornness like Big Jack if he can't have his first choice he'll leave it until he can, he'll not be fobbed off with any old rubbish. 

On 05/12/2020 at 16:55, 0114 said:

It was a good performance in all honesty.

We should have had a penalty and then who knows, could have even game over. 

Biggest concern is the fragility of the players.

We deserved something from that. 

NO we didnt,because we didnt do enough to defend the lead,Players apparently didnt carry out TP instructions,and we didnt push on,(though playing well) for a second goal...thats why we lost

On 05/12/2020 at 18:16, @owlstalk said:

Let's not rewrite history

There were times last/this season when I was single handedly defending Fort Monk whilst the native indians circled me firing their arrows deep into my heart as I fended them all off with my truth gun, firing fact bullets into their brains from the turret tower thing in the mighty fort.

It was like Custers last stand

People stood with me at first but toppled one by one as the ravaging hoardes approached and attacked

Not me mate,i was there with you......still dont think the S6 issues are down to monk....

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Its a much bigger problem than many on here will admit,and it may prove too big a task for our latest manager......

If it is too big a task for someone with his knowledge and experience I really don't know where we will go from there. Think we will be well and truly foooooked. With these strange carry ons with DC and Salary payments, ground sale, submitting of accounts clearly their are issues which all make life for the manager even more difficult. If he can't run us properly anymore he must find us a new owner or investment. 

2 hours ago, parajack said:

NO we didnt,because we didnt do enough to defend the lead,Players apparently didnt carry out TP instructions,and we didnt push on,(though playing well) for a second goal...thats why we lost

Because you write no in capitals it doesn’t invalidate my opinion on the match. 

Im entitled to have an opinion on yesterday. Don’t mistake your own opinions for facts. 

• Haha 1

We just need to keep it simple - round pegs in round holes - it's not hard FFS.

Save for two years under CC we have tried to bang in the pegs into square holes. It's clearly not working and someone at the club must sort it out.

When you watch us it's almost painful - other clubs seem to have a system, with players who work; pass and move. 

I worry that you take out BB and Reach we would really struggle. They are the only real quality left.

We can clearly try and defend ourselves to safety but it's a long shot and a risk.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Im entitled to have an opinion on yesterday. Don’t mistake your own opinions for facts. 

26 minutes ago, 0114 said:

How i write is my preference,your right no ones views carry any more weight than anothers,but the nature of a forum is that people will express a view,and others will agree,or disagree....its not personal,so dont take it personally,i have never said anything other than an 'opinion'...

My opinion is we didn't deserve anything....& frankly thinking that way (team wise) will get us relegated.

They simply have to keep going,take their chances,play the 90 minutes and work hard enough to become 'lucky'

28 minutes ago, Animis said:

We just need to keep it simple - round pegs in round holes - it's not hard FFS.

Save for two years under CC we have tried to bang in the pegs into square holes. It's clearly not working and someone at the club must sort it out.

When you watch us it's almost painful - other clubs seem to have a system, with players who work; pass and move. 

I worry that you take out BB and Reach we would really struggle. They are the only real quality left.

We can clearly try and defend ourselves to safety but it's a long shot and a risk.

We can clearly try and defend ourselves to safety but it's a long shot and a risk.    Not going to happen is it?...we sit on tenterhooks waiting for the inevitable collapse....

On 05/12/2020 at 16:56, big_al1985 said:

I started a pulis out thread as soon as he was appointed. Can I start another yet? Anyone who defends the clown deserves all they get. We've a poor squad but chuff me, why not try, just attempt, to pass the ball and keep it. Attempt an attack, get bodies forward, he bold.

He's a disaster, even if he brings his own players in they'll be 6 foot 5 donkeys. 

If this team tried to attack we would be pulverised and lose 5-0 every week.  Is that what you want?  We have to be pragmatic and deal with the poo we are in as best we can and Pulis is doing that.  

My fear is we will be cast adrift before TP can turn it around and we won’t be able to wheel and deal as much as we need to in January.

Hoping we can get the fans into Hillsborough as soon as possible to make the 12th man.

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

How i write is my preference,your right no ones views carry any more weight than anothers,but the nature of a forum is that people will express a view,and others will agree,or disagree....its not personal,so dont take it personally,i have never said anything other than an 'opinion'...

My opinion is we didn't deserve anything....& frankly thinking that way (team wise) will get us relegated.

They simply have to keep going,take their chances,play the 90 minutes and work hard enough to become 'lucky'

🤦‍♂️ But you didn’t just offer an opinion. You told me mine was wrong.

I don’t care about your opinion. I didn’t ask for it.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Marro said:

If this team tried to attack we would be pulverised and lose 5-0 every week.  Is that what you want?  We have to be pragmatic and deal with the poo we are in as best we can and Pulis is doing that.  

My fear is we will be cast adrift before TP can turn it around and we won’t be able to wheel and deal as much as we need to in January.

Hoping we can get the fans into Hillsborough as soon as possible to make the 12th man.

Doesn’t have to be kamikaze style.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marro said:

If this team tried to attack we would be pulverised and lose 5-0 every week.  Is that what you want?  

I see what you did there

You made something up and then tried selling it as though it’s a fact

lol

With regards to trying attacking football instead of defending for 90 minutes you only have to look to Hollywood for the answer

They don’t make films about prisoners of war accepting their fate and sitting round playing cards for two hours - they show them doing daring deeds and having exciting adventures

Free the players - let us out of this defensive war camp 

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop