Let’s not lose our heads

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, mcmigo said:

Night and day certainly.

We beat Bournemouth and battered Millwall but somehow couldnt score in Monks last week in charge.  4 points from 6, 2 clean sheets.

Since then we havent won, have only kept one clean sheet and have got 3 points from 15.

Night and day.

Hi Garry,

What about the week before that when you got us 0 from 9 against 12th at home and 20th and 22nd away from home. Thats the reason we're in the bottom 3 as we should be getting 6 points from that.

Cheers

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve played well against one of the best sides in the league.

The players are giving their absolute all. I think we’ve been fairly unlucky today. 

We’re just desperate for a couple of quality attacking players. And Van Aken is far too slow to be playing at this level so we need a new left back. 

Worrying that both Derby and Wycombe have won but I’m confident Pulis will get us out of it.

I agree with the comments, but less and less confident we’ll get out of it. Pulis is a guy who has pulled team out of the crap time and time again, but no one can polish a turd.

Edited by Stevelknievel

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Hi Garry,

What about the week before that when you got us 0 from 9 against 12th at home and 20th and 22nd away from home. Thats the reason we're in the bottom 3 as we should be getting 6 points from that.

Cheers

3 wins from 11 vs 0 wins from 5 Tony.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Mentally it’s an absolute boot in the head

Agree with that.

4 x 6-pointers coming up...

Tbh I didn't think we would be so deep in the shyte after 16 games.

I fully expected us to be a 2 or 3 points clear of the bottom 3 by now.

Need 7 points minimum from the next 4 games.

37 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This squad is ******** and fragile. How much damage is to be done until january? And even in January, it's not like we'll have the money or resources to massively improve. This stinks of relegation. 

FFS stop being a Drama queen.  Let January come before you right it off. I have seen more positive in the last 5 than I did from 25 and Mobk. We will survive and next season start as equals I for one am looking forward to playing the Blunts 

13 minutes ago, markg said:

Fans will pile in on Pullis if we go down. Be a miracle if we stay up with this squad  

Correct all we've bought in the last 2 yrs are championship sides cast offs. 

43 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

I’m not so sure, feel like this season has relegation written all over it to be honest.

Make hard work of it every week, it’s nearly xmas and we’re still 4 points off safety and rock bottom.

Not many positives there for me 

Could be worse could be 6 points worse off. We are not and as a result will survive 

Today’s result and performance isn’t the issue. Although I’m still concerned, regardless of how good Norwich are, that were conceding two goals late on AGAIN.

But today’s result is easier to swallow if we had won already. It breeds confidence. It sends us into Huddersfield and Barnsley with a spring in our step.

As it is, we’ve still not won under Pulis. We’re still switching off in the final 10 mins. Windass has scored today and picked up an injury. We don’t know what our best 11 is (injuries haven’t helped) and we’re bottom of the league. 

Ive seen an improvement. But it’s not enough. As things stand I’m confident that we’re going down. And I’m not blaming Pulis. This has been building for a few years.

Edited by FlyingOwl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, big_al1985 said:

I started a pulis out thread as soon as he was appointed. Can I start another yet? Anyone who defends the clown deserves all they get. We've a poor squad but chuff me, why not try, just attempt, to pass the ball and keep it. Attempt an attack, get bodies forward, he bold.

He's a disaster, even if he brings his own players in they'll be 6 foot 5 donkeys. 

We were 20 mins off getting a result away against top of the league with a much improved performance with one 'striker'' had numerous chances to win it and had penalties turned down.

Your a mentally weak disaster 

• Haha 1

I’m assuming that the wrist slitters on here watched the same game as me?

Game plan working perfectly - we go one up and are denied at least one stonewall penalty and Joey missed a sitter. 

The home team draw strength from that, get two chances - one from a kid that Bayern or summat are after - take em and then see out the game.

By all means have a chunter but there are pivotal moments in games. We got the rub of the green on Wednesday but not today.

For me - best we’ve played since Pulis arrived. 

• Like 3

Nope. Played well for me and the luck deserted us today. Just heard TP on radio. 
He basically said that the side is used to losing and I agree. That mentally needs to change and it will. Few more bodies in. We desperately need a striker. He needs to go all out with his contacts. 

We are all hoping we won't be too far adrift by January. But I'm concerned that the signings might not come or be of a standard anyway. If leading upto the last transfer window didn't call for the need for quality players coming in I don't know what did? And what standard did we get? Don't expect too much is the message here. Looking like as well as a raft of strikers needed we also need a goalkeeper and the odd defender. If there's little ambition and it's just non quality bodies being shipped in, or the lack of, there will only be one outcome. This, on top of being points adrift, will paint a sorry picture. Why no quality and more potency wasn't sourced when we knew Fletcher, FF etc were leaving I don't know. This should have been sorted out going into the new season!! Why couldn't the chairman have us positioned better now? For one a points deduction and Monk's points record from last season should not have danced together well onto this season. Why take that risk? 

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I’m assuming that the wrist slitters on here watched the same game as me?

Game plan working perfectly - we go one up and are denied at least one stonewall penalty and Joey missed a sitter. 

The home team draw strength from that, get two chances - one from a kid that Bayern or summat are after - take em and then see out the game.

By all means have a chunter but there are pivotal moments in games. We got the rub of the green on Wednesday but not today.

For me - best we’ve played since Pulis arrived. 

Correct. It’s the best we’ve played.

But in all the games I’ve seen so far I don’t see anything that says we’ll win enough games to stay up over three other teams.

again. Not Pulis’ fault. We’ve been heading in this direction for a while. The points deduction has fast tracked that. 

We’d have to have a fantastic January window, luck of the green on the field and luck with injuries to stay up.

this is this squad at their best so we defo need something better to happen in January than what we got in summer. That said we were up against Norwich. TP has made a difference and needs more time to try to patch up the weaknesses this squad carries. It is quite sobering to see us back on bottom whilst the other clubs bring in wins tho. TP has a right challenge on his hands to keep this team up.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re in massive trouble 

Can’t score more than 1

Cant hold onto lead

Cant finish a game off

Mentally it’s an absolute boot in the head

And we are rock bottom

And you expect Pulis to change that in an instant? He's stopped us shipping goals for fun, made us much tougher to break down and more together.

We even looked dangerous on the counter today, Pessy should've made it 2-0 which could have finished them. Harris also could/should have had a pen- expecting it to be a pen when I watch it tonight knowing our luck.

We've played all top 6 sides apart from Preston so far under Pulis, and have deserved a point from all of them. Extremely difficult taking over a losing team with low confidence vs those teams and yet we;ve played admirably well.

Pulis is making a difference already, and those that people say only defensive players, that's wrong because Reach and Harris and Patterson are looking better too. That's what good managers do- it will be close but I back us to stay up now under him.

Good OP,  I’m sure it’s been mentioned how our last 4 games have been against the top 5,  and for an hour we played with 10 men in one of those (when we were leading).  

Completely disagree with those saying there’s been no improvement,  must be watching different matches to me. 

Anyway now is when I’d hope we start to pick up some wins in the next 6 games.  Especially with the likes of Windass, Iorfa and Luongo back.  

Hopefully we can make some surprise signings in January too