Let’s not lose our heads

Didn’t want Pulis, but I think he’s starting to make a real difference in terms of organisation and attitude.  January transfer window is massive for us - clear for all to see we need strikers, but equally I don’t think we can rely Palmer or van Aken  in defence.  I felt Palmer could have done better with first goal and van Aken predictably slow for Norwich winner.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Last 4 games we’ve played 4 of the top 5 in the division.

Not worried yet, confident he will bring in the players we need.

Yes, I agree.

Had we been going for promotion we'd still have struggled in this fixture.

We've had tough fixture after tough fixture, with little time to recover.

The Monkists always cite Bournemouth, yet they freely admit that they thought all they had to do is turn up.

If they'd played us again the following week they'd probably have thrashed us.

If we go down it will be results against the likes of Luton and Rotherham which will have sealed our fate.

• Like 3

We are by far the worst side in this league. 

Let's face it we deserve to go down. We are team full of players that either aren't good enough or don't give a damn. 

We are now 8 points off 17th. 3 points from 15 under pulis. 

We are fast running out of time. 

Is it time to panic yet. 

Pulis completely out thought by farke. 

Same old story. 

Doomed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

3 points from 5 games since Pulis took over.

Yeah.. but a game against a team where we played 75 mins with 10 men and lost 1-0. Then a game against 4th away from home which we got a creditable 1-1 draw. Then a 0-0 bore draw against 5th in the league at home. And a 1-1 draw against 3rd in the league where we again played about an hour with 10 men. And a narrow 2-1 loss against top of the league away from home where we played well overall.

Not sure what people expect when we have a squad which on paper is probably about 15th-18th in the league and of the first 5 games FOUR of them are against the current top 5. Hardly surprising if we don't win is it. And we've put in good performances.

Judgement should only come after we've played the teams in the bottom half. Performances are night and day vs Monk

18 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

That game gives me confidence we'll be ok, perfect game plan, unlucky not to get much more from a game away to a team who will be up there at the end of the season.

I hope your right!

I just want us to get out of bottom 3 because then I think once we are out of it we won't go back in it!

Pulis lost that game for us stupid substitutes, you take a forward off and put that idiot Pelupessy on trying to play the game out with 35 mins to go, Palmer ball watching for their 1st and Keystone cops for the 2nd we’re doomed with him in charge, and the most boring football 

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Didn’t want Pulis, but I think he’s starting to make a real difference in terms of organisation and attitude.  January transfer window is massive for us - clear for all to see we need strikers, but equally I don’t think we can rely Palmer or van Aken  in defence.  I felt Palmer could have done better with first goal and van Aken predictably slow for Norwich winner.

We conceded twice in 3 minutes. 

We have a terrible squad and dinosaur for a manager. 

January will come too late for us. 

To draw the game was poor, to lose was unforgivable. 

Poor negative tactics cost us that game. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve played well against one of the best sides in the league.

The players are giving their absolute all. I think we’ve been fairly unlucky today. 

We’re just desperate for a couple of quality attacking players. And Van Aken is far too slow to be playing at this level so we need a new left back. 

Worrying that both Derby and Wycombe have won but I’m confident Pulis will get us out of it.

Rubbish Sally, we were comfortable until Pulis took Windass off and put Palmer on. The change told them that we weren't going to counter attack anymore but were going to sit in and defend for the best part of twenty minutes.😲

You just can't do that against the top of the league side. This result has to go down as a serious blunder from Pulis.

4 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

We are by far the worst side in this league. 

Let's face it we deserve to go down. We are team full of players that either aren't good enough or don't give a damn. 

We are now 8 points off 17th. 3 points from 15 under pulis. 

We are fast running out of time. 

Is it time to panic yet. 

Pulis completely out thought by farke. 

Same old story. 

Doomed. 

Pulis out thought Farke.

It was only some poor finishing and poor goalkeeping that stopped us winning 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kenners3896 said:

It says here that Norwich are top of the Championship.

So you think that to go away to Norwich and draw would have been a poor result????

lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Rubbish Sally, we were comfortable until Pulis took Windass off and put Palmer on. The change told them that we weren't going to counter attack anymore but were going to sit in and defend for the best part of twenty minutes.😲

You just can't do that against the top of the league side. This result has to go down as a serious blunder from Pulis.

Windass went off injured. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

I thought today suggested we could get a couple of wins on the board before the year end.  Where I share your concern is that we are putting a lot of faith in January transfers.  I don’t necessarily think it’s too late, but business needs to be done early and our recent track record is not great in that respect.  Just hope Pulis can attract the necessary quality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

We played well, unlucky to concede two similar goals in quick succession. More away games like that and we’ll pick up points. 

People seem to forget that we've just played a team, away from home, who are top of the Championship.

And that's on the back of successive tough fixtures with little time to recover.

There will be many much easier fixtures to come in which we can garner points.

Especially if we bring in the necessary forwards.

We saw today what difference having an outlet can make.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah.. but a game against a team where we played 75 mins with 10 men and lost 1-0. Then a game against 4th away from home which we got a creditable 1-1 draw. Then a 0-0 bore draw against 5th in the league at home. And a 1-1 draw against 3rd in the league where we again played about an hour with 10 men. And a narrow 2-1 loss against top of the league away from home where we played well overall.

Not sure what people expect when we have a squad which on paper is probably about 15th-18th in the league and of the first 5 games FOUR of them are against the current top 5. Hardly surprising if we don't win is it. And we've put in good performances.

Judgement should only come after we've played the teams in the bottom half. Performances are night and day vs Monk

Night and day certainly.

We beat Bournemouth and battered Millwall but somehow couldnt score in Monks last week in charge.  4 points from 6, 2 clean sheets.

Since then we havent won, have only kept one clean sheet and have got 3 points from 15.

Night and day.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Spot on. Best I've seen us play for ages today apart from the mad 5 minute spell. Would have been such a boost if we could have held on but instead this could be a massive blow to the players confidence. 

• Like 1