Let’s not lose our heads

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Not concerned? We’re rooted to the bottom and everyone has won around us. Plus we still don’t look like scoring or winning

We’ve been decent today but it’s not enough 

For real?🙄 We looked very dangerous attacking today. Up until Norwich equalised they had nothing and we was very comfortable

Played well today, concentration cost us. Although, I don't think Pulis made the right decision taking Windass off to try see out the win

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re in massive trouble 

Can’t score more than 1

Cant hold onto lead

Cant finish a game off

Mentally it’s an absolute boot in the head

And we are rock bottom

Not being awarded cost us any points. Can’t really argue with that. 

I still think that horrendous week under Monk where we lost to rotherham, Wycombe and luton has really cost us to date. 

We just lost against top of the league, away, who had fans behind them where we should have had a penalty which would have put them down to 10 men. Not exactly something to get that worried about. Got some good fixtures coming up now. Need to get some wins on the board now

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

It was a good performance in all honesty.

We should have had a penalty and then who knows, could have even game over. 

Biggest concern is the fragility of the players.

We deserved something from that. 

Not sure about fragility. We defended superbly and just a bit of quality with a ball through and Wildsmith has to be off his line quicker to smother it.

Second goal Van Aken far too slow tracking the runner.

We defended expertly for 80 mins and had them on the counter attack every time. Should have had a pen and Pelupessy just has to do better. 

So frustrating but I see general signs of improvement in how we set up and play. 

• Like 3

Just now, smhouston said:

For real?🙄 We looked very dangerous attacking today. Up until Norwich equalised they had nothing and we was very comfortable

Played well today, concentration cost us. Although, I don't think Pulis made the right decision taking Windass off to try see out the win

A few moments but we always create a little more away from home.

Our home form will relegate us 

Just now, RockieOwl said:

We just lost against top of the league, away, who had fans behind them where we should have had a penalty which would have put them down to 10 men. Not exactly something to get that worried about. Got some good fixtures coming up now. Need to get some wins on the board now

Agreed

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Wow, honestly admire your confidence. But this current squad is a million miles off surviving. 

January will make or break 

Our next 10-12 games will be a much better barometer

Been right in the middle of a horrible run of fixtures with injuries and suspensions galore

I’m really not worried. Just a couple of little tweaks needed in January but Pulis can see it 

People must watch different games to me. Harris and Reach both looking very dangerous beating men and whipping crosses in. Whenever we get the ball we have an urgency to get it forward. It's night and day compared to what Monk offered us

3 points from 5 games since Pulis took over.

People must watch different games to me. Harris and Reach both looking very dangerous beating men and whipping crosses in. Whenever we get the ball we have an urgency to get it forward. It's night and day compared to what Monk offered us

Yes light and day, results are much worse

I’m losing my head. First half we were good, organised, disciplined.

It all fell apart when it became obvious that Pulis’ substitutions impacted on the balance of the team in a detrimental way, we lost our focus and momentum.

Not good enough Wednesday. Not good enough Pulis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve played well against one of the best sides in the league.

The players are giving their absolute all. I think we’ve been fairly unlucky today. 

We’re just desperate for a couple of quality attacking players. And Van Aken is far too slow to be playing at this level so we need a new left back. 

Worrying that both Derby and Wycombe have won but I’m confident Pulis will get us out of it.

You nicked my thread, though I was going to name it “Robbed”.

Actually thought JVA had one of his better games.

Really strong performance. Cannot believe we ended it with nothing. 

No huge complaints from me. Thought Brown was a very poor choice for 10 minutes needing a goal, but I’m clutching at straws. Excellent team effort. Deserved at the very least a draw. Gutted, but confident.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Our next 10-12 games will be a much better barometer

Been right in the middle of a horrible run of fixtures with injuries and suspensions galore

I’m really not worried. Just a couple of little tweaks needed in January but Pulis can see it 

We will improve, but fear we will run out of games 

We are already getting cut adrift 

• Thanks 1

We need to get to January still in the mix and let Pulis bring his own players in. 

We need to get Rhodes out of the club. Chasing a goal at the end and he brings Kachunga on over. I would love to know what he actually does in training.

Also says a lot by playing Iorfa in the centre.

The disappointment for me today and has been the same for the last few years, corners and set pieces. Just get it in the mixer and stop with the short ones.

• Love 1

As I'm not Pulis fan it might surprise people but we played far far better today. A few slip ups at the end cost us but it's been better. We attacked more and didn't hide in our half all game. Ironically At the end we needed to shut things down. Ref was appalling utter dog do.

If we had played more attacking like today we would have won games. 

Don't revert back, keep going forwards like today! 

• Like 1