Owls interested in Van Hooijdonk

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Pulis didn't just use an an old fashioned big man, little man combo at 'Boro, did he?

They often used one up top and had two or three attacking midfielders behind him.

Did he? Will be interesting to see whether he takes a similar approach here then With several players who can play in that line behind Paterson, like Reach, Brown and Windass, I’m surprised we haven’t seen him play that way before now

Just now, gurujuan said:

Did he? Will be interesting to see whether he takes a similar approach here then With several players who can play in that line behind Paterson, like Reach, Brown and Windass, I’m surprised we haven’t seen him play that way before now

We lined up with Harris, Bannan and Reach behind Paterson in our last match.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Themagiccap said:

This would be a very promising signing if true, very highly regarded. They were expecting him to leave last summer but he signed for one more year due to all the uncertainty.

could easily play as the lone striker in a 4-3-3 or in 4-2-3-1 

That's no use to - apparently Pulis is only capable of playing with an old fashioned big man, little man combo...

...despite sending his team out with either one or three up top in 79% of the games he managed at his previous club.

🙄

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Did we try to sign his dad back in the day? I’m sure I can remember us being linked with him

I think you may be right about that. Rings a bell!