Owls interested in Van Hooijdonk

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

I get the sentiment but if he is only good enough to be second or third choice at our club he must be dreadful.

for me I think he could be a Pauli’s type striker. Will be interesting to see how we do our business in January

What I meant was he isn’t going to be a first choice January signing. We need proven Championship quality. However, he would be a good prospect to pick up, who is obviously a striker.

if he was our only striker today, he would be our first choice. My point is, we would need more than him in January.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

What’s his first name? 

Young?

Young Sydney?

or Sydney?

Sydney Youngblood. If only we could sign him, he’d make our club a better place.

(one for the kids of the late eighties there folks.....).

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Guest wilyfox

Interesting link. Good age. 6’2” athletic. Starting to break through. His show reel looks good. Wouldn’t be against it. His dad was a good player. If the boy inherited his talent, could be a prospect. 

If we are looking at someone who we could sign as a prospect then we should be looking into france and Belgium for forwards for example,

Georges Mikautadze On loan in Belgium from Metz playing his first ever season in senior teams and has scored 16 in 13 games already as a 20 year old could probably be bought for around £750,000 - £1,000,000 and would offer a decent resale if nothing else , plays in same way FF did for us that first season good feet and a pain for defenders in and around the box 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, westy365owl said:

If we are looking at someone who we could sign as a prospect then we should be looking into france and Belgium for forwards for example,

Georges Mikautadze On loan in Belgium from Metz playing his first ever season in senior teams and has scored 16 in 13 games already as a 20 year old could probably be bought for around £750,000 - £1,000,000 and would offer a decent resale if nothing else , plays in same way FF did for us that first season good feet and a pain for defenders in and around the box 

I like the idea of this, but is it going to fit with how Pulis wants us to play? Unless the manager has added another string to his bow, I can’t see beyond an old fashioned big man, little man combo

• Like 2

Will this lad even qualify given the new points system for overseas players starting after the Brexit transition period ends?

He's not even played youth international football and these are the kinds of things that count against him.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I like the idea of this, but is it going to fit with how Pulis wants us to play? Unless the manager has added another string to his bow, I can’t see beyond an old fashioned big man, little man combo

So this guy would be the little man I guess it would allow you to bring in a donkey to play alongside him if that's way we will be playing , I put a few names out there of guys worth looking at for various roles come January help bolster the team and help attacking wise 

I'll be shocked if we don't look at bolasie on loan in January played for pulis before at Palace I would have thought and was going to Middlesbrough in September but didn't get deal done in time ,would add experience into team and adds a bit of quality aswell 

Guy at Huddersfield  Bacuna deep lying play maker think a cross between the way we have Luongo playing and Bannan but much younger and more dynamic in way he plays would see him as Bannans replacement 

Hopefully we look at players like the three I mentioned instead of player like Martin and  bringing marriot back 

As an outside bet aswell have a look at Tshimanga scored a lot of goals in last couple seasons was at MK Don's as a kid but got released now playing down in non league but scored 53 in around 50 games over last two and a bit seasons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

I know the obligatory YouTube videos aren’t anything to go by, but he would add value to our squad as a second or third choice striker. He likes to attack the front post which we are severely 

lacking. He is mobile and strong. Most of his Erevidisie goals wouldn’t happen in the Champ however, so he would be someone who would probably take 12 months before he was fully delivering.

Why, what has the front post ever done to him ?

Besides he would probably get a red card for that. We don't need anymore hotheads.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well he's said he wants us to play quick attacking football working it through the thirds. So the kid mentioned might well fit in.

I can see past the big man/little man combo if he sticks with one up front we've been playing...

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

29 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

So this guy would be the little man I guess it would allow you to bring in a donkey to play alongside him if that's way we will be playing , I put a few names out there of guys worth looking at for various roles come January help bolster the team and help attacking wise 

I'll be shocked if we don't look at bolasie on loan in January played for pulis before at Palace I would have thought and was going to Middlesbrough in September but didn't get deal done in time ,would add experience into team and adds a bit of quality aswell 

Guy at Huddersfield  Bacuna deep lying play maker think a cross between the way we have Luongo playing and Bannan but much younger and more dynamic in way he plays would see him as Bannans replacement 

Hopefully we look at players like the three I mentioned instead of player like Martin and  bringing marriot back 

As an outside bet aswell have a look at Tshimanga scored a lot of goals in last couple seasons was at MK Don's as a kid but got released now playing down in non league but scored 53 in around 50 games over last two and a bit seasons 

Think he’s 6.2-6.3

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Pulis didn't just use an an old fashioned big man, little man combo at 'Boro, did he?

They often used one up top and had two or three attacking midfielders behind him.