Selection headache for Pulis...  

221 members have voted

1. 1. ...who would you pick up top versus Norwich

• Windass
    • Paterson
    • Kachunga
    • Rhodes
    • Harris

First things first, we simply must keep eleven players on the pitch this afternoon. Rash challenges have cost us dearly this season.

Beyond that, I expect to see a similar game plan to the one we started with against Reading: keep it tight, soak up their pressure, then look to quickly hit them on the break.

Hopefully the move, cross, and header which saw us take the lead on Wednesday will be a template for us going forward. If we can get similar deliveries from the flanks, then Paterson has it in him to outmuscle defenders and get on the end of things.

I'm expecting Windass to start again today, so hopefully his movement and running up there will allow us to play it forward into the channels and turn their defence with a bit more regularity.

It's going to be a tough game, of that there's no doubt, but I'm hopeful that if we can get the basics right, we'll give ourselves a chance of a point at least.

• Like 1

@Lord Snooty it would be an interesting and busy thread if you do a poll on our 2nd choice striker.

Looks crystal clear that the overwhelming majority would pick Windass. Be interesting to see the poll without Windass.

Very telling that a guy we brought in as a striker, Kachunga, has 2 votes out of 170, beaten into last place by our 5’5 inch winger. But it’s possible he would be the choice of many more in Windass’ absence.