221 members have voted

1. 1. ...who would you pick up top versus Norwich

• Windass
    • Paterson
    • Kachunga
    • Rhodes
    • Harris

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

Its not nice to watch (but then it wasn't under Monk) but Pullis is getting some self-respect back to this side. We're no longer push overs and we'll spoil how others play. I'm actually enjoying this in a sort of grim, satisfying, brual kind of way!

Least that's what I'm telling myself anyway!

I'm loving matches these days

Much more fun

Just need wins now

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

That's one thing that winds me up watching football these days.  

After the 50-50 challenge by Odubajo, their player is heaped on the floor like he has just been hit by a car.  5  minutes later, he gets up and is completely and miraculously fine again.

The play acting is becoming a farce.  

I honestly blame referees for it 

The reason being, there are a lot of people calling for ‘diving’ and ‘simulation’ to be taken out of the game and for tougher punishments for players. 

The problem is that it’s common knowledge that if players are challenged unfairly inside the box, the referees often don’t give the penalty unless the player goes down. We all acknowledge that it’s a foul but how many times do you hear pundits say ‘if he goes down it’s a penalty’?

Another instance of refs not doing their job and in turn players are encouraged to cheat 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Having Windass up top makes so much difference to this team.

Suddenly we can punt it clear into the channels and know that we have someone willing and able to chase it down and put opposition defenders under pressure.

Yes, an outlet now.

Let's hope we can bring more in.

• Like 1