Some interesting December fixtures before we can get to the Jan window,

The key thing is staying within 6 points of safety going into January.  Anything better is a bonus and then Pulis will clearly strengthen the side where he wants to then.  If I was the likes of Wycombe,  Rotherham and Coventry I would fear the owls and Derby will be getting their act together very shortly. 

• Like 1

It’s difficult for us to look at fixtures and say which ones we should take points off, as anyone can beat anyone in this division. That said though, you have to buy a ticket to win a lottery, and if we set up purely not to lose, we are unlikely to win very many. With no guarantees that the January window will answer all our prayers, so a point a game until then will not suffice We need to start winning games

Edited by gurujuan

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s difficult for us to look at fixtures and say which ones we should take points off, as anyone can beat anyone in this division. That said though, you have to buy a ticket to win a lottery, and if we set up purely not to lose, we are unlikely to win very many. With no guarantees that the January window will answer all our prayers, so a point a game until then will not suffice We need to start winning games

85BAD60D-B1EF-41EA-B5D5-182435C872C9.gif

• Haha 2

After Norwich tomorrow we will have played the teams in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 14th as the table currently stands

The following five games are against 16th, 15th, 19th, 21st and 9th

Interested to see how we get on in those five games against supposedly weaker teams... I’d take another point tomorrow though tbf

• Like 2

We need wins that much is obvious but we’ve been in an horrendous rut for the best part of a year and as we’ve seen we’ve found it extremely difficult to get out of.

Even under Monk this season we have found a semblance of defensive strength. Strength I thought at the start of the campaign was more likely to show than a sudden change of fortune from an attacking perspective.

We may have gone too far one way but you have to start somewhere and when you consider our better players are arguably defensive, it makes sense to start from there.

I see it as a slow process and we may be down near the bottom for much of the season but I do think we’ll get out of it and when we do there will be a structure and a platform from which to build and hopefully move forward?

39 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

After Norwich tomorrow we will have played the teams in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 14th as the table currently stands

The following five games are against 16th, 15th, 19th, 21st and 9th

Interested to see how we get on in those five games against supposedly weaker teams... I’d take another point tomorrow though tbf

I think this is a fair assessment, Pulis thrown at the deep end with fixtures in short space of time against top team and 2 games with majority of the game with 10 men. 

Games after Norwich, fans will expect Pulis to start bringing results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

We need wins that much is obvious but we’ve been in an horrendous rut for the best part of a year and as we’ve seen we’ve found it extremely difficult to get out of.

Even under Monk this season we have found a semblance of defensive strength. Strength I thought at the start of the campaign was more likely to show than a sudden change of fortune from an attacking perspective.

We may have gone too far one way but you have to start somewhere and when you consider our better players are arguably defensive, it makes sense to start from there.

I see it as a slow process and we may be down near the bottom for much of the season but I do think we’ll get out of it and when we do there will be a structure and a platform from which to build and hopefully move forward?

Bloody Hell Jim! It’s not like you to be this positive- just tell us what you put in your beer this evening! Get some for t’lads tomorrer !

2 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Bloody Hell Jim! It’s not like you to be this positive- just tell us what you put in your beer this evening! Get some for t’lads tomorrer !

Ha Ha. I say it how I see it mate. I know Pulis isn’t an overwhelming managerial appointment and I understand the reasons why but when all is said and done he knows the game and he knows how to run and build a club like Steve Bruce does.

I believe the Chairman would’ve given Bruce a free reign had he stayed longer than he did and I do believe Bruce would’ve got us promoted. Now it’s Pulis’ turn to do the job Bruce should’ve done. He may even have the edge on Bruce as he’s been surrounded by or knows people who know Wednesday inside out throughout his career?

He’s starting from a low bar but in some ways this may work in his favour as he has arguably a blank canvas from which to work on. I think he’s a good appointment and he’s made a fair start but some will obviously disagree with this view just as they did when I said Monk was sh!t 🤣

• Like 1

Many of us appear now to be thinking Pulis is a good appointment.  I certainly believe it’s case of cometh the hour cometh the man.  However this month will in some ways be make or break. If we don’t come through this period with a couple of wins at least the doubters will shout as loud as they did against Monk

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

he's not going to change  how he sets up until he's got his own players in and even then i'd doubt he'll be overly adventurous ........you are going to have to suck it up a while coz he aint going to go down the route you think the game should be played .