Perfect time to play Norwich?

5 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Put your money on Pukki’s name appearing on their team sheet at 2pm tomorrow, and to score too.  

23 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Norwich manager confirmed earlier pukki was training this week and will be available for tomorrow

Cheers I’ll go and collect my winnings after my tea and cake 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yet according to the above Teemu Pukiki is due back for our game a player they picked up on a free from Finland.

If only we had a scouting team like that, that looked outside of the premier league and championship to pick up good free agent players.

Pukki never really blossomed until he went to Norwich. He had a lot of chances elsewhere but didn't become the dangerous striker he is nowadays. And you could tell last season that he as well needs a proper team around him and cannot just score goals for fun without service.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Norwich manager confirmed earlier pukki was training this week and will be available for tomorrow

I hope he's rusty as possible. Lad probably needs a few games to get match fit. I hope so anyway.

33 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Pukki never really blossomed until he went to Norwich. He had a lot of chances elsewhere but didn't become the dangerous striker he is nowadays. And you could tell last season that he as well needs a proper team around him and cannot just score goals for fun without service.

how many more Pukkis are out there if we looked further than the English league we may find some good players we can develop and improve instead we waste too much money on players that never player.

Flint and Marriott yet two more examples of not bringing in fit ready players instead players that have barely played and get injured.

Our whole scouting and recruitment teams need scrapping and starting again. We have never been as useless signing players as we have these last 2 or 3 season.

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

how many more Pukkis are out there if we looked further than the English league we may find some good players we can develop and improve instead we waste too much money on players that never player.

Flint and Marriott yet two more examples of not bringing in fit ready players instead players that have barely played and get injured.

Our whole scouting and recruitment teams need scrapping and starting again. We have never been as useless signing players as we have these last 2 or 3 season.

Of course there are a lot of them out there. But have you ever considered what a coincidence it is to find one even with the best scouting team ever? And Pukki was a cheap bet by Farke; had he failed, no one would have noticed and he probably would have gone back to Denmark or maybe the German league and continued his decent career there.

The thing is that we don't seem to have much money so getting any of those potential players in is very hard if not impossible. It's possible that the pandemic will shift things permanently but I fear it is for the worse.

Edited by FinnishOwl

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

To be fair it’s a lot easier to score goals against Rotherham and QPR than it is against City and Chelsea.

No shame in a player not hacking it in the Prem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

To be fair it’s a lot easier to score goals against Rotherham and QPR than it is against City and Chelsea.

No shame in a player not hacking it in the Prem.

True, and my comment was not to be taken as such. He did very well at the beginning but then started suffering when the people around him also lost momentum. It took a while for him to get back this season (also had difficulties in our international fixtures), but he proved that he is a very good goalscorer by not being a one season wonder.

Sorry to be negative, but I think we'll get battered tomorrow.

Pukki back, Luongo out, maybe Bannan out, couple of our recent hard won points have needed a big favour from the ref, Norwich make more chances than anyone in the league.

In fact, I've talked myself out of it, 1-0 Wednesday

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

True, and my comment was not to be taken as such. He did very well at the beginning but then started suffering when the people around him also lost momentum. It took a while for him to get back this season (also had difficulties in our international fixtures), but he proved that he is a very good goalscorer by not being a one season wonder.

Brilliant movement and terrific finisher.

I remember in the opening game last season (I think) against Liverpool he looked the real deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Brilliant movement and terrific finisher.

I remember in the opening game last season (I think) against Liverpool he looked the real deal. 

He's a quite good example of what a bit of muscle and healthy determination can do to a player with potential. He was a bit small frame when he was younger and almost too nice to be a lethal finisher. That kind of change is something that some of our players could use, and I hope Pulis will help with both.

• Like 1