Have we been playing beautiful football for the last 20 years? Have I missed something?

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I thought you said (and I quote) "People should make there own minds up"

Why are you trying to influence the way I think with the drivel you post on here?

etc etc etc

I just thought you found it important to back our manager, going off of the love you showed towards monk during his time here.

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why are you still continuing this utter nonsense?

lol

I just don’t want you to regret what you say when he has us promoted to the prem next season 

7 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

I just don’t want you to regret what you say when he has us promoted to the prem next season 

*sigh*

Okay mate -I'll play along - just to demonstrate that my opinions are just my opinions, they mean nothing. They influence nobody, and affect nothing.

Answer me these two questions - as honestly as you can please

1) Have my posts turned you against Tony Pulis in any way? 

2) Did my posts supporting Garry Monk influence you or anyone else and if so why was Monk sacked?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Where is your evidence it was a  Recruitment team that signed them? 

Again - and this is the third time I've requested this - WHEN did Garry Monk say what you said he said?

lol

(If you have no idea that's totally fine - just admit it!)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Again - and this is the third time I've requested this - WHEN did Garry Monk say what you said he said?

lol

Just reading this exchange and a question occurred to me.

Assuming Monk didn’t make the recruitment decisions does anyone think Pulis will be subject to that kind of regime?

I do in all honesty find it quite hard to believe that any manager wouldn’t have some sway over signings (or at least have been promised some) but I really really can’t see Tony Pulis not having been promised to make his own signings. 

2 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I don’t care if we have 10% possession and 1 shot on goal each game, as long as we win it. I’d rather a boring win than a pulsating loss. Once we add 2/3 attacking players, I think under Pulis we’ll start grinding out those wins.

Yep totally agree.

Unfortunately we are having 10% possession and 1 shot on goal and not winning.

We are neither winning nor is it pulsating. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Just reading this exchange and a question occurred to me.

Assuming Monk didn’t make the recruitment decisions does anyone think Pulis will be subject to that kind of regime?

I do in all honesty find it quite hard to believe that any manager wouldn’t have some sway over signings (or at least have been promised some) but I really really can’t see Tony Pulis not having been promised to make his own signings. 

The bigger picture question I think it's fair to ask is this

Did Chansiri at any point ever believe in Garry Monk?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

But he's doing worse than Garry Monk was, we're getting zero shots on target, we've not won a single game under him and the football has been a bit dire

If that's the absolute best he can do why did we sack Garry Monk and give him the job?

Makes no sense

I agree, your reply makes no sense. If you're advocating we should have hung onto monk then you're dafter than I originally thought mate!

• Love 2

Just now, Lythamowl said:

I agree, your reply makes no sense. If you're advocating we should have hung onto monk then you're dafter than I originally thought mate!

I merely made this point and then asked a very simple question

But he's doing worse than Garry Monk was, we're getting zero shots on target, we've not won a single game under him and the football has been a bit dire

If that's the absolute best he can do why did we sack Garry Monk and give him the job?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The bigger picture question I think it's fair to ask is this

Did Chansiri at any point ever believe in Garry Monk?

I thought he did. I was really surprised when he sacked him. 
The thing that makes me think he did was the bringing in if Garry’s own back room and coaching staff more than players. 
But, I’ve been wrong before. 

Just out of interest then. Do you think he believes in Pulis?

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I thought he did. I was really surprised when he sacked him. 
The thing that makes me think he did was the bringing in if Garry’s own back room and coaching staff more than players. 
But, I’ve been wrong before. 

Just out of interest then. Do you think he believes in Pulis?

I have absolutely no idea to be honest mate

When I look back at Monk's time with us, the lack of backroom staff, the lack of proper signings, I do have to question whether Chansiri believed in Monk at any stage of his time with us

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

its baffling that people are comparing Pulis's Record to Monks, judging off how hard his run in has been, too many brain dead people who haven't a clue.

Let's not be namecalling people who have a different point of view mate - that's not on

Instead tell us how Pulis can be excused bad results because the games he has had have been against difficult teams, whilst Garry Monk wasn't allowed that excuse

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I have absolutely no idea to be honest mate

When I look back at Monk's time with us, the lack of backroom staff, the lack of proper signings, I do have to question whether Chansiri believed in Monk at any stage of his time with us

As ever time will reveal all. 

The thing with the questions about how much Chansiri did or didn’t back Monk is its a bit like wondering if your ex girlfriend really loved you. 

It doesn’t matter now. It’s over. 

14 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Be glad, glad of what? 

Ok, when fans are allowed back in the stadium, say next season. Are you happy to be paying the highest prices in the league to be watching on the worst teams in the league? 

The ship has sailed and there’s only one person to blame for it all. It’s not Pulis’ fault he’s the manager of us however I’m not going to be happy about watching his football either. 

We all know this, no point being perpetually mardy. Yes, DC has screwed this up, big time. 

Focusing on the present though, means accepting our current reality. "Be glad" is just another way of saying there's a bit of a silver lining here, giving you at least something not to complain about, as short-lived as it may be. 

So let's save the complaints of negative football for high prices for next season. Now all that matters is staying up. 

• Like 1