Westwood tho’

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye

On Fifa 

Whilst he's sat at home playing it whilst on mega bucks, paid for by season ticket holders who haven't had a refund since they applied for it EIGHT MONTHS ago

Don't blame him

Hes been treated absolutely disgracefully by our club

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Widsmith has done really well and I am very glad for him and us. 
I liked Westwood as a keeper when he was at his best but it’s been so long now since he had a run in the side I can’t believe there is still so much discussion time attributed to him. 
If Pulis thinks we need an experienced keeper in the squad then buy one. 

My only real bugbear with Wildsmith is his hair. Who really thinks a greased ponytail is a good haircut?

I cannot for the life of me thing who he is trying to make himself look like oh wait a minute lol

image.png.b79692e500f80f0632ed0b470d19b8bc.png

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, morganowl said:

wildsmith has always been a really good shot stopper , its other parts of his game what need work. the joao goal was partly his fault . but i feel a lot more confident when he is in goal than dawson. forget westwood lets not go there. 

Totally agree with this. His positioning for their goal was very poor - he left more than half the goal behind him to give them something to aim at, which is just what they did, and there was no chance he’d get anywhere near that cross. 

Wildsmith had a terrific spell in the side when Westwood was injured under Carlos. Towards the end of that spell he started to drop a few clangers.

He’s clearly got ability and, looks to be grabbing his opportunity with both hands. Still doesn’t strike me as an out and out number 1 at the minute.

He could improve and, make himself number 1. The issue is, most top goalkeepers do that away from their parent club.

We all make mistakes, every player, in every game will make a mistake in some form. Wildsmith and, Dawson should have been loaned out to gain experience, we should have had a new keeper but, Monk decided they were both good enough 🤷🏼‍♂️

Credit to Wildsmith, he’s not really put a foot wrong this season in a defensively minded side. He’s doing all he can to make that shirt his own.

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

In the light of last nights performance, Wildsmith should now be regarded as in pole position IMHO

I agree, it’s his to lose now.

I was all for Westwood coming back but bringing him straight back was a poor decision by Pulis (his only one so far).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

The thing is neither of them can find consistency if they don't play, I would prefer Wildsmith to continue playing rather than just drop him. 

As soon as Westwood has recovered give him a run out with the U23's to see how he is playing rather than just reinstate him in the first team.

Both of them had a chance at consistent runs under Monk though didnt they when Westwood was frozen out, they didn't cement that position as theirs. 

Each one of them let the other in due to loss of form. 

Wildsmith needs to not allow that to happen this time.

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Both of them had a chance at consistent runs under Monk though didnt they when Westwood was frozen out, they didn't cement that position as theirs. 

Each one of them let the other in due to loss of form. 

Wildsmith needs to not allow that to happen this time.

I agree about Wildsmith but he needs a run of games, not just drop him as soon as Westwoods back from injury (obviously subject to keeping his present form).

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 10.25.40.jpg

What a save

Even Westwood fanboys have to admit that Wildsmith is the better keeper now

He's a good shot stopper but needs to work on crosses, stands on his line rather than commanding his area. Personally I'd prefer if if he was more vocal and organised the defence more.

After his performance last night the shirt is his to lose.

Just now, prowl said:

He's a good shot stopper but needs to work on crosses, stands on his line rather than commanding his area. Personally I'd prefer if if he was more vocal and organised the defence more.

After his performance last night the shirt is his to lose.

Yes let's just enjoy Wildsmith doing well and hopefully improving, without others on here sniping at Westwood

• Like 1