Westwood tho’

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye

On Fifa 

Whilst he's sat at home playing it whilst on mega bucks, paid for by season ticket holders who haven't had a refund since they applied for it EIGHT MONTHS ago

Can’t wait until Wildsmith gets a better rating on FIFA and posts about it on social media like a big baby who refuses to play every time he’s required to....

• Love 1

A good Wildsmith performance doesn't need to be coupled with a comparison to Westwood though, that's one of the problems with this whole goalkeeping saga. 

In 1/2 years time any comparisons to Westwood will be utterly pointless as he wont be here. 

For me this is more down to can Wildsmith (and Dawson) find the consistency to regularly perform. 

Wildsmith in this instance needs to not let this chance slip, it's there to be taken for him and i really hope for both his and our long term prospects he does take it. 

If we get to February/March and Westwood is back in as number 1, then i really do fear that Wildsmith or Dawson won't be our long term number 1 going forward. 

• Like 6

I don't really get the point. He has always had the ability to make saves like this and has done in the past, Dawson has too. The issue is the tendency to let daisy cutters from 30 yard squirm under him. Dawson experiences similar issues.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, markg said:

I don't really get the point. He has always had the ability to make saves like this and has done in the past, Dawson has too. The issue is the tendency to let daisy cutters from 30 yard squirm under him. Dawson experiences similar issues.

Westwood does, but even more than Dawson/Wildsmith - as we saw in his last two 'peformances' for us

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Widsmith has done really well and I am very glad for him and us. 
I liked Westwood as a keeper when he was at his best but it’s been so long now since he had a run in the side I can’t believe there is still so much discussion time attributed to him. 
If Pulis thinks we need an experienced keeper in the squad then buy one. 

My only real bugbear with Wildsmith is his hair. Who really thinks a greased ponytail is a good haircut?

😆 Tony Adams but add a tash.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Widsmith has done really well and I am very glad for him and us. 
I liked Westwood as a keeper when he was at his best but it’s been so long now since he had a run in the side I can’t believe there is still so much discussion time attributed to him. 
If Pulis thinks we need an experienced keeper in the squad then buy one. 

My only real bugbear with Wildsmith is his hair. Who really thinks a greased ponytail is a good haircut?

Oh god. I meant David Seaman 🙄

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

For me this is more down to can Wildsmith (and Dawson) find the consistency to regularly perform. 

The thing is neither of them can find consistency if they don't play, I would prefer Wildsmith to continue playing rather than just drop him. 

As soon as Westwood has recovered give him a run out with the U23's to see how he is playing rather than just reinstate him in the first team.

• Like 1

they can all make great saves its the one who makes the least mistakes  that should be  number one .......who that is i wouldnt like to say as all 3 seem to have one in them........dawson  seemed to lose confidence after a solid start to the season , westwood carried on where he left off last season when he came back at preston , wildsmith imo was dodgy when had the run off games in the summer but as done nowt wrong since he got back . he's set the standard  and needs to keep it up .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Brilliant save

Westwood does did them every single week. Not once in a blue moon

Fixed for you.

Yes, past Westwood made saves like that every game, current Westwood now massively misreads a simple cross then collapses injured.

• Like 2

For me Wildsmith did not deserve to lose the shirt when Pulis joined in much the same way he doesn't know.

Last few games, whomever was in goal I think the results would have been the same to be fair.

We have the joint 5th best goals conceded in the division...I prefer Wildsmith, can see why others want Westwood but honestly it's all much of a muchness