Westwood tho’

Just now, mcmigo said:

Per Pulis last night Westwood is still ' 2 weeks away.

Maybe KW has recounted the number of windows on his advent calendar.

Ah nightmare for Westwood - that brings him back into contention week commencing 14th

Massive miscalculation there on the extent of the injury

I"m expecting an unexpected breakdown in his recovery to keep him out a further two weeks

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

i think hes marginally second best behind KW but i think he deserves to keep the shirt.

The way it goes he will make one howler and his head will be called for again.

Fantastic performance last night, i dont think anyone can argue that 2nd goal was coming from 45 but never did.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Widsmith has done really well and I am very glad for him and us. 
I liked Westwood as a keeper when he was at his best but it’s been so long now since he had a run in the side I can’t believe there is still so much discussion time attributed to him. 
If Pulis thinks we need an experienced keeper in the squad then buy one. 

My only real bugbear with Wildsmith is his hair. Who really thinks a greased ponytail is a good haircut?

• Haha 4

Looks more and more like clever man management to me.  Pulis told everyone Westwood was his number one, which allowed him a look at whether he was still up to it anymore (in terms of fitness and ability) ahead of January, but also put a rocket up Wildsmith and Dawson that they needed to do more if they wanted to be number one.

All about making those two grasp the next chance they got, and Wildsmith has come in and been superb since Westwood's most recent injury.  Its no coincidence that both his and Dawson's performances whilst Westwood was frozen out were average at best - nothing deliberate but you can't help but let some complacency creep in if you know that a main challenger for your spot is frozen out.  Yet now they have that threat back and competition back, Wildsmith at least has stepped his game up significantly. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Widsmith has done really well and I am very glad for him and us. 
I liked Westwood as a keeper when he was at his best but it’s been so long now since he had a run in the side I can’t believe there is still so much discussion time attributed to him. 
If Pulis thinks we need an experienced keeper in the squad then buy one. 

My only real bugbear with Wildsmith is his hair. Who really thinks a greased ponytail is a good haircut?

As a 72 year old with an ever decreasing hair line, I do.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2