4 games in, how's he doing

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I must be watching a different game to the people who can’t see the difference between how we played under Monk and how we’re playing now. 

It’s not sexy attacking football but we’re far more well-organised than we ever were under Monk. We’ve got different game plans for different situations and everyone knows what’s expected of them... if they’re not doing what they should, TP is constantly on the touchline communicating with them all. He’s a far superior manager in every way. 

Defensively, we’re far more well-drilled... and while we obviously need to improve at the other end of the pitch (e.g. sign new attackers) we scored a first half goal at home from open play last night. 

Why aren't we winning any matches and still conceding goals then?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So just to be perfectly clear, you're saying that Monk could have kept the players that left and could have spent money bringing better quality in but chose not to?

Is that what your'e saying?

lol

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

There’s no hope for some people in this thread who just don’t understand football 

Nothing makes me laugh out louder than someone trying the old 'if you disagree with me you clearly don't understand football'

lol

It's proper funny every time  someone tries that one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nothing makes me laugh out louder than someone trying the old 'if you disagree with me you clearly don't understand football'

lol

Yep, take it as a note to understand the game better, then you wouldn’t come up with tosh like a record over his last 2 games. 

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I must be watching a different game to the people who can’t see the difference between how we played under Monk and how we’re playing now. 

It’s not sexy attacking football but we’re far more well-organised than we ever were under Monk. We’ve got different game plans for different situations and everyone knows what’s expected of them... if they’re not doing what they should, TP is constantly on the touchline communicating with them all. He’s a far superior manager in every way. 

Defensively, we’re far more well-drilled... and while we obviously need to improve at the other end of the pitch (e.g. sign new attackers) we scored a first half goal at home from open play last night. 

In pulis 4 games in charge we have had 4 shots at goal. 4. 

We can he as defensively solid as you like but without trying to score we are not going to stay up. 

This is a results based business and only one thing matters. Winning. 

He 1 win and 3 defeats would have us sat on the same points. We actually time wasted to draw nil nil with Swansea. It was embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Almost as funny as when someone posts what you did in response to a two word post lol

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So just to be perfectly clear, you're saying that Monk could have kept the players that left and could have spent money bringing better quality in but chose not to?

Is that what your'e saying?

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

There’s no hope for some people in this thread who just don’t understand football, and can’t see that Pulis has us more solid and organised, has players like Reach, Patterson and Harris playing better than they ever did under Monk.

Can you not see the improvements that weren’t there before? Do you expect us to immediately start thrashing teams? 

What over the last 12 months gave you any hope that Monk was turning it around? It couldn’t have got any worse 

I’m literally at a loss at some people’s opinions, but hey ho 

Its akin to the Covidiots in the dressing room 

Is that understanding football the way Pulis plays it, or football the way the rest of the world plays it?

• Like 1

Just now, Kenners3896 said:

We can he as defensively solid as you like but without trying to score we are not going to stay up. 

He 1 win and 3 defeats would have us sat on the same points. We actually time wasted to draw nil nil with Swansea. It was embarrassing. 

Steady..

if you mention that in Garry Monks last match in charge we had 7 shots on target, compared to 4 shots in 4 games under Tony Pulis, you had better brace yourself.

• Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Is that understanding football the way Pulis plays it, or football the way the rest of the world plays it?

Understanding how to play most effectively within the limitations of the squad you’re working with 

Did I miss the Monk tactical master classes or something? 

he couldn’t organise a ******** up. Every week scratching our heads at team selections, tactics 

1 minute ago, Kenners3896 said:

If Monk had still been in charge for the last 4 games the campaign to sack him would have been more vociferous. But I get that there are extenuating circumstances because Pulis is the new man, 

16 minutes ago, cowl said:

We didn't ‘batten down the hatches’ until the red card, and not fully until the 2nd half began. It was the red card that was the pivotal moment yesterday in that game as a contest between peers.

And Pulis doesn't have to ‘quite simply’ win the next game (not least because it's away to top of the table Norwich) because that implies something will happen if he doesn't. Nothing will happen.

He hasn't made a champagne start to his time with us. It's been ‘okay’. Going forward, okay won't be good enough so it'll have to improve. Right now I'm seeing those signs that he can craft a functional side but what we do in the January window will be the ultimate deciding factor with that. One way or another I'm not expecting anything other than a grind.

There is already mumours of dissatisfaction in the fan base. 

Pressure is mounting. He and the team need to do better. 5 games without a win is horrendous form and would put any manager under pressure. 

We need to win 1 in 3 of every game to stay up realistically. We are already 4 points adrift and are no better off points wise. 

Draws will not keep us in the league. Someone let TP know. 

We had 1 shot on goal. And that was the goal. Reading were all over us before and after that chance. 

Joao missed a sitter before we scored. 

Great defensive performance yesterday but attacking was dire, the goal aside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Understanding how to play most effectively within the limitations of the squad you’re working with 

Did I miss the Monk tactical master classes or something? 

he couldn’t organise a ******** up. Every week scratching our heads at team selections, tactics 

how did we beat cardiff, bournemouth and birmingham this season then?