4 games in, how's he doing

Neil makes a valid point. We play no different now to how we played under monk. 

Its dreadful to watch and worse it isn't effective. We are not dangerous in any attacking situations. We aren't quick , we arent great passers of the ball, we arent dangerous from set pieces. 

We have no identity and Pulis hasn't changed that. We are very solid yes. But at what cost.

Reading are a decent side but they arent real Madrid. As soon as we scored last night it was an immediate retreat and batten down the hatches hoping we survive. Then the red changed that even more. 

Pulis quite simply has to win the next game. 4 without a win is bad enough but 5 games without a win is a dreadful start for a new manager. 

Im with Neil on this one, think we have brought the wrong man in here.... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Fletcher was offered a new deal. Nuhiu was as well by all accounts.  They turned them down, and left. Unless monk was going to pay them himself , not sure that had anything to do with monk.

nor did monk sell Lucas Joao, the leagues top scorer , last season.

Joao was at the time our 4th choice striker and we got decent money for him. 

He is performing in a side that is playing well. 

He wouldn't be the top scorer in this side. 

Sometimes players kick on with a new start joao did just that and we got very good money for him considering the form he was in. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, markowl said:

TP - "OK lads, I know this is the same squad as I inherited, and you can't score for toffee, but I'm the new manager, so can you start winning games now? Thanks"

That was exactly the reason fans wanted to bring him in, because in their words, he was the only man who could do anything with this squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That was exactly the reason fans wanted to bring him in, because in their words, he was the only man who could do anything with this squad. 

No you're right.

We should sack any manager we have as soon as we don't win a game.

2 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Neil makes a valid point. We play no different now to how we played under monk. 

Its dreadful to watch and worse it isn't effective. We are not dangerous in any attacking situations. We aren't quick , we arent great passers of the ball, we arent dangerous from set pieces. 

We have no identity and Pulis hasn't changed that. We are very solid yes. But at what cost.

Reading are a decent side but they arent real Madrid. As soon as we scored last night it was an immediate retreat and batten down the hatches hoping we survive. Then the red changed that even more. 

Pulis quite simply has to win the next game. 4 without a win is bad enough but 5 games without a win is a dreadful start for a new manager. 

Im with Neil on this one, think we have brought the wrong man in here.... 

We didn't ‘batten down the hatches’ until the red card, and not fully until the 2nd half began. It was the red card that was the pivotal moment yesterday in that game as a contest between peers.

And Pulis doesn't have to ‘quite simply’ win the next game (not least because it's away to top of the table Norwich) because that implies something will happen if he doesn't. Nothing will happen.

He hasn't made a champagne start to his time with us. It's been ‘okay’. Going forward, okay won't be good enough so it'll have to improve. Right now I'm seeing those signs that he can craft a functional side but what we do in the January window will be the ultimate deciding factor with that. One way or another I'm not expecting anything other than a grind.

I must be watching a different game to the people who can’t see the difference between how we played under Monk and how we’re playing now. 

It’s not sexy attacking football but we’re far more well-organised than we ever were under Monk. We’ve got different game plans for different situations and everyone knows what’s expected of them... if they’re not doing what they should, TP is constantly on the touchline communicating with them all. He’s a far superior manager in every way. 

Defensively, we’re far more well-drilled... and while we obviously need to improve at the other end of the pitch (e.g. sign new attackers) we scored a first half goal at home from open play last night. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Got us organised.

Seems to have done something I thought beyond us....got the players to look mentally strong for 90 minutes plus injury time.

Defending resolutely against teams who have been rattling a few goals in.

A shortage at the other end of course. But I'm not sure what can be done about that with our paucity of quality striking options. 

The fact we have a manager who actually has a 10 man system already set up just in case though pleases me. I like people who are organised and think ahead. 

B+

This

There’s no hope for some people in this thread who just don’t understand football, and can’t see that Pulis has us more solid and organised, has players like Reach, Patterson and Harris playing better than they ever did under Monk.

Can you not see the improvements that weren’t there before? Do you expect us to immediately start thrashing teams? 

What over the last 12 months gave you any hope that Monk was turning it around? It couldn’t have got any worse 

I’m literally at a loss at some people’s opinions, but hey ho 

Its akin to the Covidiots in the dressing room 

Considering the fixtures and what he has got to work with i think he is doing a good job. Better organised, more confidence, working hard for 95+ mins, seem a lot fitter, have a plan and working for each other. Reach has improved under Pulis.

Could do with a win but still have some very difficult fixtures. 

Under Monk none of this would have happened

• Like 1