4 games in, how's he doing

under monk we would have lost all 4 100% . going down to 10 men early at preston and reading would have been certain defeats and maybe well beaten. swansea and stoke very likely too . pulis aint my choice but he is the right man for the job for at least the next 12 months. 

1 minute ago, markowl said:

How can you defend a manager who lets 4 strikers leave the club and replaces them with 1 striker, 1 attacking midfielder and 1 utility player?

You dont' think the FFP situation the chairman landed us in had anything at all to do with that?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, Swansea was a decent performance, we passed the ball, went forward and put a good side under pressure, in the first half anyway. The rest has been poor, extremely poor, especially for a side needs wins

TP - "OK lads, I know this is the same squad as I inherited, and you can't score for toffee, but I'm the new manager, so can you start winning games now? Thanks"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

You won't draw me any further into your games, my friend.

But keep going because I'm enjoying the rest of the thread.

I think it's important when discussing things in threads that we discuss the absolute facts (no matter how painful), the alternatives, and the reality as well as any implications

And not just the stuff that Wednesday fans want to hear, or want to say to try and make themselves appear more of a fan than others etc

It's important

Otherwise we're not dealing with reality

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, Swansea was a decent performance, we passed the ball, went forward and put a good side under pressure, in the first half anyway. The rest has been poor, extremely poor, especially for a side needs wins

look at stoke ,reading and swanseas squad ,players who have ability ,players who have goals on there cv . then look at ours ,discount rhodes as he was finished 4years ago . add all the goals up in our squad then compare to theres , then you will have your answer . all pulis can do is get us organised for now ,he has nothing whatsover attacking wise . remember when jos took us to stain and he deployed a very defensive unit that night and got a 0-0 he did that because he had 15 players unavailable if we went 442 and pushed forward we would have got hammered 4-0 same would have happened last night. 

Just now, markowl said:

He has changed us defensively.

He will change us offensively once the transfer window opens.

You sound certain

Let's hope you're right because right now that's just blind faith

In the meantime games are running out, Pulis is getting less points than Monk was managing and we're suffering badly from even lack of shots on the opposition's goal

If you're not 100% correct, or the new strikers take time to get up to speed we are relegated - no doubt about it

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You sound certain

Let's hope you're right because right now that's just blind faith

In the meantime games are running out, Pulis is getting less points than Monk was managing and we're suffering badly from even lack of shots on the opposition's goal

If you're not 100% correct, or the new strikers take time to get up to speed we are relegated - no doubt about it

Whose fault will it be if we are relegated?

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's got less points since he's been here than Garry Monk managed in his last two games

not forgetting 3 of our easiest games of season luton roth wycombe and hardly a shot on target . swansea stoke and reading have been scoring goals for fun this season those performances repeated in those games would have resulted in 6-0 tonkings 

Just now, morganowl said:

not forgetting 3 of our easiest games of season luton roth wycombe and hardly a shot on target . swansea stoke and reading have been scoring goals for fun this season those performances repeated in those games would have resulted in 6-0 tonkings 

Nobody would have allowed Garry Monk any allowance for being 'hard games' so let's be fair and not try that one

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, markowl said:

How can you defend a manager who lets 4 strikers leave the club and replaces them with 1 striker, 1 attacking midfielder and 1 utility player?

Fletcher was offered a new deal. Nuhiu was as well by all accounts.  They turned them down, and left. Unless monk was going to pay them himself , not sure that had anything to do with monk.

nor did monk sell Lucas Joao, the leagues top scorer , last season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Swansea performance was promising, the Stoke performance resolute (but a truly awful, awful game).

The first 30 mins yesterday had a promise similar to the Swansea game.

The Preston game and the last hour of the last night's game it's unfair to judge in terms of the football since we played with only 10 men.

In reality, the football itself even if we really get going under Pulis won't ever be scintillating, but football that ‘goes to plan’ can have offer a certain satisfaction. So when we see elements of a solid game plan working it at least feels as though there's progress towards something better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1