4 games in, how's he doing

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

TP is no upgrade on the previous manager.  He will, of course, be much more forgiven for goalkeeper mistakes, a bad squad missing a good striker, Van Aken and his clown feet.  He will be excused for not winning as they are not 'his' players.  He is much better at interviews than Monk so will be praised for his honesty.  

You don't watch us play, do you?

• Like 1

Got us organised and stopped the slide.

Most of those games we'd probably expect to lose on league placings and Monk would have lost all 4.

Now he needs to build on that and start winning.

This is the bit that worries me with Pulis. I'd expect him to organise us and stop us losing many, but can he get us scoring and winning?

• Thanks 1

Pulis is always going to split the fan base but I am being won over. 
He gets a ‘B’ from me. 
The goal in yesterday’s game showed to me how we can get goals with direct but not long ball attacks. 
I do hold him responsible for the Red in some regards because Shaw is his player and looked a bit wild in the last game. Coaches have to coach players, not just tactics. But the response to the red and how he changed the game (yes Double Defence!) actually worked! He had a plan, and executed it. Even it it hadn’t worked he knew what he would put in place. 
But the number one for me is I really believe we will get better. I just don’t think we would have improved under Monk. I think Monk had a Strategy but couldn’t implement Tactics. It was like he couldn’t get the players to do the things that were in his head. I think Garry Monk will return elsewhere as a better coach but his race was run here. 
Pulis can get the players to do things in his head. You may not like what’s in his head but he can transfer it to the pitch!

Also the zero bullshiz approach meets with my approval. 

Hell, he might not even keep us up, he might even leave if Chansiri and the mysterious ‘recruitment team’ don’t give him what he wants. But I think he will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getting us organised in defence and tougher to beat is a sensible first step.

Making us more offensive should be the next, playing 5-5-0 and draws will only get us relegated (not that I'm thinking he'll continue this way... yet).

Tough to make a judgment yet on the latter when we're reduced to 10 men as we've been in two of the matches too; fancied us getting a 2nd goal yesterday over Reading equalising up until that red card, so there were signs of us making the effort.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

TP is no upgrade on the previous manager.  He will, of course, be much more forgiven for goalkeeper mistakes, a bad squad missing a good striker, Van Aken and his clown feet.  He will be excused for not winning as they are not 'his' players.  He is much better at interviews than Monk so will be praised for his honesty.  

You really do talk some utter utter crap. Not sure if we’re being whooshed 

Monk would never have changed things at half time and reshaped us like that. He wouldn’t even know how to 

Edited by FreshOwl

17 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Got us organised and stopped the slide.

Most of those games we'd probably expect to lose on league placings and Monk would have lost all 4.

Now he needs to build on that and start winning.

This is the bit that worries me with Pulis. I'd expect him to organise us and stop us losing many, but can he get us scoring and winning?

Monk was sacked after 4 points from 6 , and 2 clean sheets.  

Monk would have been expected to lose against Bournemouth on league places but won.

what 'slide' ?  we got 10 points in Monks last week in charge.

Are we more organised now than we were in those 2 matches?  If yes, why are we conceding goals now and not in those 2 games?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You really do talk some utter utter crap. Not sure if we’re being whooshed 

Monk would never have changed things at half time and reshaped us like that. He wouldn’t even know how to 

Pulis has less points in 4 games than Monk had in his last two.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If you're going to extend the number of games and points we should also include Monk's first half of last season

That’s exactly what you’re doing! Picking a selection of results (his last 2 games)

Is being a WUM the nee craze? Because none of you would be saying this if we were talking about Wednesday in a pub. It would all be that monks poo and we’re glad to get rid, Pulis will have us more solid etc