4 games in, how's he doing

By my count.... C+ or B-

Preston. Man sent off. Limited attacking

Swansea. Looked much improved first half. They had a class player to bring on and changed in game in the second

Stoke. Borrrriiiinnnngggggg. But didn't lose

Reading. Looking good until the red with most of the game to go. Killer conceding a goal on half-time, but held out against a team doing well near the top of the table.

Hence my grade.... However, need to start winning, which means more goals needed.... But we all know that.

Don't think he could have done anymore with this squad?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

B- we’d have lost tonight under Monk.

Pulis has toughened us up but the discipline needs to improve and we have to start scoring some goals.

We just need to keep in touch until Jan where hopefully he can bring in some firepower.

..get that sorted and we should start to move up the table.

9 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

By my count.... C+ or B-

Preston. Man sent off. Limited attacking

Swansea. Looked much improved first half. They had a class player to bring on and changed in game in the second

Stoke. Borrrriiiinnnngggggg. But didn't lose

Reading. Looking good until the red with most of the game to go. Killer conceding a goal on half-time, but held out against a team doing well near the top of the table.

Hence my grade.... However, need to start winning, which means more goals needed.... But we all know that.

Don't think he could have done anymore with this squad?

I'd agree with that, we look a lot more solid in defence but it's just a case of not having a clue where the goals are going to come from. 

• Like 2

Despite the circumstances conspiring against him he’s doing great. 

Only one big error from him so far - bringing Westwood back in (dare I say his name). 

Wednesday’s problems aren’t the here and now, it’s the getting to this point where we’ve put our foot in it. 

I think he’s sorting us out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Despite the circumstances conspiring against him he’s doing great. 

Only one big error from him so far - bringing Westwood back in (dare I say his name). 

Wednesday’s problems aren’t the here and now, it’s the getting to this point where we’ve put our foot in it. 

I think he’s sorting us out. 

Yes, it's what happened before his arrival which has got us in the brown stuff.

And such a team of turds isn't suddenly going to be beating the best teams in the league.

Pulis is doing what he can with the players that he has.

Monk's ravaged us and it will take time to put it right.

• Like 4

Very pleased. He’s making the right choices and we have “won” 3 points against good teams. 

We are a couple of players from being very good indeed. We missed Iorfa and we are missing Windass. We need a proper unit up front, and we need a creative player to complement Bannan. 

We aren’t far away. And that partly due to Pulis. With Monk we were miles away.

• Like 8

B / B+

Past four games are as tough as they come. He’s done fantastically well to get the players to buy in to his methods so quickly in tough circumstances — bans, injuries, etc, but they clearly have done and we’re so much better organised as a result. A breath of fresh air compared to what came before. Tough game against Norwich this weekend (although Luton did them 3-1 tonight) and then a run of relatively easier games on paper where I’m sure we’ll start to climb the table. 

I’m optimistic for the future, big Tone knows what he’s doing

• Like 4

Had an hard run of fixtures and a lot of availability problems 

add to that two stupid sending offs and the quality of this squad against the ones we’ve faced I think he’s done very well

B+

I can see the light hopefully we are stronger after Norwich and can pick up some wins 

Onwards and upwards 

• Like 2

A solid B from me.

We've spent about a third of the time we've been on the pitch while he's been manager with only 10 men.

Properly up against it against 3 tough sides in the last 3 games and I'd say we've looked very organised and 100% committed, albeit limited but the latter isn't TP's fault.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Neither Pullis or his style of football are for me,but hes done ok,hes known for for organising sides and getting them fit and in players faces,our resouces are limited due to the chairmans major cockup,and hes working with a poor hand,as Monk was lets be reyt.

The other end of the pitch needs sorting out,were toothless upfront,if we go the season with Patterson its the drop for sure.

• Like 2