Man of the Match - Reading (H) Poll working!

Man of the match  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Wildsmith
    • Palmer
    • Van Aken
    • Luongo
    • Lees
    • Borner
    • Harris
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Shaw . Lol
    • Reach
    • Odubajo
    • Pelupessy
    • Iorfa
    • Kachunga

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Outstanding gutsy display. I honestly think we may have done it with eleven men. Terrible goal to concede though. 

Wildsmith 8 outstanding especially one save. Could he do more for their goal?

Palmer 4 got ripped a new one

Lees 6 ok but gives away dumb free kicks. Third game in a row.

Borner 8 warrior 

Van Aken 6 meh

Harris 5 felt sorry for him

Bannan 5 poor

Luongo 7 battled away. Silly booking that will cost us against Norwich 

Shaw 1 total prat! Complete moron. Fine him and throw him back in the under 23’s

Reach 6 great cross and battled away. Should have conceded a penalty 

Paterson 7 excellent goal. Awful defending for theirs

Odubajo 6 was better than Palmer. Should have conceded a pen?

Iorfa 8 man mountain. Love him

Pelupessy 7 did well

Kachunga 5 

Under Monk we’d have lost 1-5. Signs that Pulis is doing the business but we have to keep 11 on the field otherwise we have no chance.

Bit of a quandary. Wildsmith was brilliant, some stunning saves. Paterson and Reach were men possessed. Gave it Paterson cos he had his mean ***** head on, though he should have got the better of Joao for their goal.

I'm getting giddy again.13/2 now for top half finish. I'm gonna stick another 100 notes on. They're finally turning into warriors. Hic !!! lovely this port.

• Haha 1

I was going to give it Wildsmith but ?

My contenders were Wildsmith, Patterson and Reach. All were involved in some goal line activity at the Kop end. Patterson had a goal to his credit and looked like being a threat when he was muted by the sending off. Still worked hard for the team but he and Wildsmith were both at fault when Joao was allowed to sneak in for the equaliser. Similarly Wildsmith was all but beaten on the line to be rescued by a wonder clearance from Reach. There were two great saves from Wildsmith but handling in front of gut and chest should be a given; This is an area of concern. Reach worked hard throughout and was a little unlucky with a few searching balls down the left.

So Reach as MOTM has little meaning, the main thing is the whole team realise they are in a battle and all are responding well to Pulis. V Good !    

43 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I have again got to say that Odubajo played extremely well for the 45 mins. He completely shut down the threat on the right, which was there most productive area in the first half.

He's really underrated as a footballer on here because he does admittedly make some rash decisions at times which cost him. He can be a risk inside his own box, but he's full of running and probably one of our most competent players with the ball at his feet. Lightning fast too, so a great option to have when playing on the counter.

• Like 3

Borner is giving his life and soul for the team and the passion he shows when there is a valiant piece of defending is great.

But you can tell in such a short space of time with Pulis that they all know where they should be and when 

And what about that booklet Iorfa had to read before he came on!!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Broomhill Owl said:

Wildsmith, but should he be claiming the ball from the free kick they scored from?

Borner and Reach excellent, and can’t fault the effort from the whole team.

I thought Wildsmith dealt well with everything they threw at him. Some great saves but yes he should have come to claim the cross for their goal it was only 3 yards out, he should have dealt with it.

39 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

He's really underrated as a footballer on here because he does admittedly make some rash decisions at times which cost him. He can be a risk inside his own box, but he's full of running and probably one of our most competent players with the ball at his feet. Lightning fast too, so a great option to have when playing on the counter.

the problem with Moses he forgets we’ve got a goalie and he gives away penalties rather than accept he’s been beaten. He is a very lucky boy tonight - on for about ten seconds and he was already giving away another stonewall that Hadrian would have proud of. 

Voted for Reach.  Tempted to give it to Wild Smith but thought he was badly positioned at the front post for the goal.  Had he been half way or nearer the back post he could have attacked the ball, but hey I'm no goalkeeper. Played most positions over the years but never between the sticks.

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

He’s a wing back not a fullback

1 hour ago, daztheowl said:

Bit of a quandary. Wildsmith was brilliant, some stunning saves. Paterson and Reach were men possessed. Gave it Paterson cos he had his mean ***** head on, though he should have got the better of Joao for their goal.

I'm getting giddy again.13/2 now for top half finish. I'm gonna stick another 100 notes on. They're finally turning into warriors. Hic !!! lovely this port.

It can’t be Wildsmith or Paterson because of the goal we conceded. Lees giving away free kicks in perilous positions so I’d go for Borner.

Hopefully with tonights performance WILDSMITH has put the keeper debate to bed,played a blinder tonight,yes theres much he can work on,noboddys perfect,he was my MOM.

Ran close by Adam Reach whose put a reyt shift in both defensively and when we had a few expansive moments,Patterson gave us his all,limited as he is hes done what was asked to his best and Tom Lees kept it simple did his job well