The Shaw tackle and red card

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*adds the EFL to the list of people out to get us*

It's not a bad strategy to be fair. Us against the world, everyone hates us, Let's show them.

Was it Wimbledon who went far on that. Long time ago, it might have been another club but if you are up against it the fighting spirit that creates gives you a chance.

We do look more like a unit now. We don't give in. It's a start but we do need reinforcements up front or it's going to be a long season.

1 minute ago, Sheff44 said:

Definite red, ref only saw this at full speed. Cant go in with studs showing. Poor discipline from a very average side who create very little every game. Probably just miss relagation, which is an achievement for us.

Stick to your own teams ambitions of getting relegated from the prem with the least points in history. 

• Haha 1

Under the current rules that’s a red card and Shaw was stupid to go in like that.

That’s now five red cards this season and they are starting to cost us points (most notably tonight where we might have won the match and at Preston where I’d have backed us to pick something up too).

I think it’s about time the club started docking wages for these, it’s clearly a problem at the club and it needs addressing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

I didn't think it was a red at first....

But it is a red today. People will say it wasn't a red X amount of years ago.... Great, still a red today unfortunately

I was exactly the same, then saw the replays at half time and, yeah, it's a red. Silly challenge.

He's a young lad so gets a bit of the benefit of the doubt be he needs to learn fast.

These days it's a card. Probably a different colour depending on the referee.

But it was always going to be a free kick.

The odd thing was. And I'd have to see it again.  I thought he was in a good position to let their lad get it and then engage, which is often the best way. For all his ball skill Sheridan was a master at nicking it off them off their first touch as they're trying to get their head up for a look around. 

I'm sure the lads will learn his lesson. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

These days it's a card. Probably a different colour depending on the referee.

But it was always going to be a free kick.

The odd thing was. And I'd have to see it again.  I thought he was in a good position to let their lad get it and then engage, which is often the best way. For all his ball skill Sheridan was a master at nicking it off them off their first touch as they're trying to get their head up for a look around. 

I'm sure the lads will learn his lesson. 

Yellow for me, but was stupid challenge that gave referee a decision to make. He will learn from it and has probably just lost few weeks wages.

Refs send half display stunk of wanting to make up for it through, seen it loads over years when they send player off but have doubts whether correct to do so and then either send one off from other team or make bad calls other way afterwards.

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Yellow for me, but was stupid challenge that gave referee a decision to make. He will learn from it and has probably just lost few weeks wages.

Refs send half display stunk of wanting to make up for it through, seen it loads over years when they send player off but have doubts whether correct to do so and then either send one off from other team or make bad calls other way afterwards.

I have to admit, by the second penalty call I did wonder if he wasn't questioning himself a bit.

I'm sure seeing it after the game of course he'll agree with his initial decision.