3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis spent a week telling us Paterson's not a striker

He's now playing him as a striker

Whilst leaving all the strikers out

Imagine if Monk did that

Ps - I've got zero issues with Paterson playing up front - no problem with that whatsoever. But don't tell us all week he's not a striker then play him as a striker whilst leaving the strikers out and then not winning.

Which other strikers??????

I guess what he is saying is that his options are so bad that he is having to play the player he doesn't consider to be a striker as a striker because the rest offer less. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis spent a week telling us Paterson's not a striker

He's now playing him as a striker

Whilst leaving all the strikers out

Imagine if Monk did that

There’s a world of difference between a striker and a bloke running around all game narrowing angles, being nuisance, closing down and being a threat on the half dozen set pieces we may get during the game.

Rhodes is not even a threat on corners or free kicks, which is why he ain’t playing...

Just now, Flat Owl said:

There’s a world of difference between a striker and a bloke running around all game narrowing angles, being nuisance, closing down and being a threat on the half dozen set pieces we may get during the game.

Rhodes is not even a threat on corners or free kicks, which is why he ain’t playing...

We're not winning

We've not even got a single shot on target last game either

Dont' tell us someone's not a striker, then play him as a striker, then get zero shots on goal 

That's all I'm saying

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

We're not winning

We've not even got a single shot on target last game either

Dont' tell us someone's not a striker, then play him as a striker, then get zero shots on goal 

That's all I'm saying

you are getting mixed up with a ‘striker’ and someone who happens to  be playing in front of our defensive lines....

lol

Edited by Flat Owl
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Onge said:

From his recent cameos from the bench he's looked poor - I know he's not being given much time to prove himself but he needs to do better for me when he does get on the pitch...

Fair enough, not seen his performances...looked quality at the start so hopefully just a blip. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's proper weird that Pulis comes in, spends a full week saying Paterson's not a striker, then plays him as striker in every game

He's not playing as striker, we are going with a 4,6,0 formation :ghoulguy:

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I guess what he is saying is that his options are so bad that he is having to play the player he doesn't consider to be a striker as a striker because the rest offer less. 

Just before Pulis spent all week telling us Paterson wasn't a striker, he spent another week telling us how he'd put a team out to play to the existing players strengths.

Since then he's not done that and has played Paterson as a striker

lol

U-Turn Central

Owlstalk Shop

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 19.39.58.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 19.40.08.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 19.40.18.jpg

A couple of those are injured and a couple look like they are still at school.

Of the others, Rhodes is the only striker and Pulis made his thoughts about his last performance clear with his actions. 

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's proper weird that Pulis comes in, spends a full week saying Paterson's not a striker, then plays him as striker in every game

A cheese sandwich isn’t a meal but if the choice for tea is-

A. A tin of dog food

B. A tin of cat food

C. A bag of Quavers

D. Cheese sandwich 

Then cheese sandwich wins every time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Just before Pulis spent all week telling us Paterson wasn't a striker, he spent another week telling us how he'd put a team out to play to the existing players strengths.

Since then he's not done that and has played Paterson as a striker

lol

U-Turn Central

Hardly.

He simply thinks that the midfielder Calum Paterson has more strengths as a striker than any of our other options. He has a fair point.