Heading towards Christmas

9 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

After the Stoke game last year me and the missus were proper pissed off so we cheered each other up when we got back.  😐

Your misses sounds ace! All I get is “it’s only a game!” Would it kill her to give me a sympathy blowie? Women! 

The brilliant away win against Everton , guy whittingham debut I seem to recall , was a highlight. We were brilliant that day and hammered them . 

the sickening 5 0  walloping under yorath at home To Norwich Boxing Day 2001 was a low light ! Mclaren red card early , their striker tortured Danny Maddix for 90 minutes and it could have been 10.

Remember the 3-3 draw with Man U. 1992. 
Didn’t have a ticket but managed to chat with a guy on the gate kop. After about 20 mins blagged my way in to watch a great game. 
We were cruising at 3-0 recall cantona scoring right at the end. 37 thousand gate. 

2 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Remember the 3-3 draw with Man U. 1992. 
Didn’t have a ticket but managed to chat with a guy on the gate kop. After about 20 mins blagged my way in to watch a great game. 
We were cruising at 3-0 recall cantona scoring right at the end. 37 thousand gate. 

i was on the lower tier leppings for that match, sat right at the front.  their equaliser, the ball was squirming around near the goal line for what seemed like an age before cantona tapped it in.  i maintain i could have got there and cleared it from my seat, would have been interesting what the ref would have done!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The brilliant away win against Everton , guy whittingham debut I seem to recall , was a highlight. We were brilliant that day and hammered them . 

the sickening 5 0  walloping under yorath at home To Norwich Boxing Day 2001 was a low light ! Mclaren red card early , their striker tortured Danny Maddix for 90 minutes and it could have been 10.

That Everton game was epic, big Duncan Ferguson put them 1-0, got a curry on the way home, happy days

• Like 1

When I was a kid we were always crap at the start of the season it was not until we started get towards the back end of the year and Xmas, the players birthdays that we picked up and started playing some good football and winning games

Chris Waddle 14th Dec, David Hirst 7th Dec, Charlton Palmer 5th Dec, Chris Woods 14th Nov, Danny Wilson 1st Jan, Des Walker 26th Nov, Kev Pressman 6th Nov, Graham Hyde 10th Nov, 

That many birthdays in last few months of the year they needed their win bonuses to pay for all the parties.garymegson

• Like 1

Got some great memories of going to Christmas games with my dad when I was a kid. My first away game was at Everton on Boxing Day, I think it was 94 and we won 4-2 with a couple of goals from Guy Whittingham on debut

Also Stoke away 06. Deon Burton with a last minute winner. Also the waddle game v West Ham in 93

Not so much in recent years though 

• Like 1