Wednesday - V - Reading OMDT

Just now, 4evaowl said:

The pre match interview with TP wasn't inspiring. Sounded like he'd almost given up on improving us going forward until January. I thought TP was brought in for his coaching and managerial experience.

I thought the same about his post match interview with Stoke, seems reality has hit home and he's hit 

rock bottom.

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

The pre match interview with TP wasn't inspiring. Sounded like he'd almost given up on improving us going forward until January. I thought TP was brought in for his coaching and managerial experience.

well we've been told for the last 18 months that Managers should manage the players they have at their disposal through great man management so....

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

just catching up with it, yes I agree, really not what we wanted to hear. He needs to work with what he has and get the best out of us until January. There are still a lot of points to play for before then. 

8 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I thought the same about his post match interview with Stoke, seems reality has hit home and he's hit 

rock bottom.

I see this as him hammering home how critical our shortcomings are to the owner. I fully expect him to become more vocal. At the end of the day, he must get those reinforcements. 

Just now, Morepork said:

I see this as him hammering home how critical our shortcomings are to the owner. I fully expect him to become more vocal. At the end of the day, he must get those reinforcements. 

hope to God we will have deals lined up that can be announced as soon as the window opens in January and we don’t leave our business until the last day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

well we've been told for the last 18 months that Managers should manage the players they have at their disposal through great man management so....

I'd have loved to be at the interview.

DC "Results are poor. We can't score".

TP "I'll make you defensively solid, trust me".

DC "But we are OK at the back".

TP "OK. I'll sort that out in January if you give me some cash".

DC "What about the games before that. There's a lot".

TP "Erm".

DC "When can you start?".