Wednesday - V - Reading OMDT

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Cos then he's going to get, not trying hard enough..waste of a shirt...lounging about etc etc etc.

Nothing at all dangerous with the tackle , yellow at max. In fact it was a fair strong challenge...the sort of challenge some say we don't do enough of.

Watched it numerous times and I wouldn’t like to be on the receiving end of it. 

There is a difference between trying hard and putting your body on the line, to nearly seriously injuring someone and getting a red. It’s just recklessness, nothing to do it with a good effort

It was a 50/50 red even the commentators are saying that 

but let’s not do the typical Owlstalk witch hunt and crucify the lad. 
he’s a young lad learning he’s made a mistake if he’s still making the same mistake with 50 appearances behind him then you can lay into him 

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

You're not showing the actual tackle there though are you? His other leg goes over the top of the ball and he scissors the player's standing leg, at high speed and with a lot of force. It was a red. It wouldn't have been 10 years ago, but it isn't 10 years ago.

From what I saw of the tackle, it was the right leg over the top following through rather than the left for me.  

It's a tough one to call as he is sliding in with pace. Tackle probably fine with the left, the follow through wasn't.  

Their player did also make a meal of it.  Getting straight back up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

It is for fuckinpansies 

grow some ffs 

It is for the rules. Just because you think it's still the 1980's and you should be able to break someone's leg without even a yellow, doesn't mean that is the case.

I liked it in the summer when everyone was harping on about the Brentford model.... Buy rough diamonds, sell them on for a profit.

Here we have our own very rough diamond playing his very first league games...makes an error.... Crucified on here!

• Thanks 1

Just now, hugeowl said:

If that is a red then the free kick for the goal I am ready to call it a day after nearly 60 years of watching the Owls 

Footballs gone soft along with everything else 

Every cloud :duntmatter:

• Haha 2