Wednesday - V - Reading OMDT

31 minutes ago, Watto said:

If Rhodes hasn't proved a point by now he never will , how people can still think he's got a future here is beyond me , he's had more than enough chances now.

and are the alternatives we currently have any better? Do we look more likely to score when Rhodes isn’t on the pitch? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Watto said:

If Rhodes hasn't proved a point by now he never will , how people can still think he's got a future here is beyond me , he's had more than enough chances now.

I agree with you,  but if only he had had chances, as in chances to score 

He could stand in the box doing his nails for all the crosses that come his way 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.d4ed9e507ca081f682f5479a6175f1d9.png

"So ,Sir, Lucas Joao"

"What about him?"

"He's back"

"And?"

"You could do with him now!"

"What? Do with him playing well once a month?"

"He's scored 12 goals, Sir"

"Yes. For a different club with an entirely different set of circumstances , a different manager, a different system and an entirely different team around him"

"Yes, but if I may..."

"No. You may not. It's this sort of what aboutery that absolutely does my cork. 'If we hadn't released Vardy. If we hadn't sold Johnny Quinn, if we hadn't spunked £35m on money grabbing no shows who robbed the club blind while spending most of their days sitting about in the physio room looking for new cars on their phones while they had a rub down.' There's no point 'what iffing'"

"But sir.."

"No. No buts. He's gone. Good luck to the lad. Just not tonight"

"But he had the potential to.."

"And we didn't tap it. We'd got a dressing room of big characters a manager who had his favourites and a laissez faire attitude to doing the hard yards and being consistent.  Anyway, we're in the here and now Stubbs. There's no point harking back. Good God. What next, shall we bring Jos Luahukay back too Stubbs? Seeing he seemed to be the manager that got the most consistent performances out of the boy Joao? No. I didn't think so"

image.png.60e02bb918088e012118230fa583cc71.png

"I'm just saying ,Sir that.."

"Where does it end? Some spotty Herbert saying it's not too late to sign Ben Marshall? . No, we're here. We're where we are and frankly it's time we accepted it, rolled our sleeves up and got on with it."

"Yes, but you are playing Reading this evening ,Sir so it will be a talking point"

"I'm sure it will. But not by me."

"I'm not sure you're understanding exactly how a forum works, Sir. It comes from the Latin 'out of doors'.."

"I'm well aware of where it comes from. But the fact remains. It's time for us to look forward Stubbs"

"Yes, Sir about 90 yards forward hoping the lightning Rhodes can get on the end of a Bannan punt..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

• Fan of the new manager? 
  • Not a fan? 
  • Grudgingly accepting he might be what we need even though you don't really want to see it?

Whatever your viewpoint on the managerial appointment , he's here now he's not going anywhere in the next year.

He's working his socks off to make the lads hard to beat, resilient and by his own admission "Get us attacking quickly, through the thirds and making things happen at the top end. We know we're short up there but we'll do what we can until we can change things a bit"

Until then , and it's only a month until the window.... it's a case of needs must when the Devil Drives. 

We can all come together whatever our views and enjoy match day.

"How can we bloody enjoy it Snooty," I hear you ask, "did you not see the Stoke game?!"

I did indeed, and that is why I have come up with ...

Owlstalk Banality Bingo

Just one rule.

Have a double shot of something strong every time you hear one of these phrases dropped out in the matchday thread.

Enjoy the game Folks

Snooty

bingo.jpg.7a99d69e4819b7441ce9bc4ebd1819c4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

-----------------------

WEDNESDAY

V's

READING

image.png.6545f4c627c6a437cf0a2b92f2933bb3.png

Sky Bet Championship.

Wednesday 2nd December 2020

kick Off 7:45pm

Hillsborough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WEDNESDAY

image.png.2f2456d2a3ee8b76a948364bbc36d94b.png

Boss Tony Pulis will have to decide whether to bring in midfield player Izzy Brown for youngster Liam Shaw to try and add a bit more creativity to the Owls midfield. 

Centre forward remains the biggest concern however ,with striker Jordan Rhodes having neither the pace, power or link play to offer much in the lone striking role, Josh Windass still suspended and Jack Marriott, well, who knows where Jack Marriott is....but he won't be playing.

So the duty might fall once more on the shoulders of midfielder Callum Paterson who does at least get his head on some stuff.

image.png.5c7a2265f0d99cb174e73c333e096da1.png

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Predicted line-up (4-3-3):

Wildsmith

Palmer     Lees    Borner   van Aken;

Brown   Luongo   Bannan

Harris       Paterson       Reach

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READING

image.png.318990bb27d56b83b8ef2ae14ce38dff.png

Veljko Paunovic will be tempted to name an unchanged team after Reading's performance against Bristol City, but will also be cautious of putting too much strain on his players as the busy fixture list continues.

Tom Holmes was particularly impressive at right-back and will continue to keep Tomas Esteves out of the side, while Michael Olise showed his worth in the number 10 role over the less creative Alfa Semedo.

image.png.9cbe925e6f2916a4763d0756e17f08d7.png

Predicted (4-2-3-1):

Rafael

Holmes    Morrison     Moore     Richards

Laurent    Rinomhota   

Meite         Olise          Ejaria

Joao

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORM GUIDE 

Wednesday form:  L-L-W-D-L-D

Reading  form:  L-L-L-L-D-W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS IT STANDS...

A 1-1 draw between Derby and Coventry means the Rams draw back level with Wednesday on 8 points.

A 2-0 defeat for Rotherham stops them pulling away from the pack.

image.png.76a7b3cc060d876c97598b523204c47a.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Great reflection as always Snoots, can we sneak a cheeky 1-0, here’s hoping UTO 

• Love 1

Good post milord. I’m predicting a full house on your ingenious bingo game by five past eight tonight.

I have had to go for a COVID test, results expected today, so I’m hoping that will be the only negative result today.

For the game, I fancy a free flowing and end to end 1-0 thriller tonight, with us being victorious with our sole shot on target. Joao will get overcome by Hillsborough again and revert to playing like Bambi on ice. Hopefully.

• Love 1

A comfortable defeat today. Reading will work down our left, isolating and running at the inept van aken . Readings defence will march us up the pitch knowing that we don’t have the pace to get in behind, meaning whichever unfortunate is playing ‘ up top’ for us won’t get a sniff of goal unless reading make a mistake , or we execute a worldy cross or set play.

3 nil reading

• Like 2

We have 8 games to go until the January window opens, and it’s very possible that we will not win another game during that period. With a similar points return to the last three games, that might see us on 13-14 points at the half way stage. Given our likely position, and how we normally do our business, is it likely that we will get the players in we need? If we do, it probably won’t be until the end of the window and by then our position will, just about, be terminal. 
The squad isn’t as bad as it seems, it has just been left with little or no striking options, so we go into games totally unbalanced. My question is, can we afford to limp along until January, by which time it may be too late? Pulis earlier suggested, we would be scouring the out of contract players to see if there were options there that could help us. More recently, he has been talking about January. Now if he has players lined up, of a similar quality to Gayle, who we were linked with, who now looks a no go, who would arrive as soon as the window opens, then maybe it’s worth waiting. If not, can we let these games drift by, or should we just take the plunge on an out of contract striker, to at least give the side a focal point. It may not be someone that we would immediately choose under normal circumstances, but it it gave the side shape, and enabled us to start getting wins, it might be good business. I would be more confident of a steady accumulation of points over more games, than needing a miracle turn around with 17 games left.

• Like 2

Id like a rerun of the Christmas story. Reading to be charitable and generous and Pulis' Wednesday to be bad tempered, miserable scrooges. The ghost of Wednesday's past, to be left, for once, firmly in the locker room.

Come on you wicked Owls, put your baubles on the line and snatch a miserly 1-0 win. Bah Humbug!! 😤🤬😠💣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1-0 to Wednesday, Rhodes netting in the 83 minute after coming on as a sub in the 63rd.

Ball will be played out right, and then back in the middle.  Bannan will play a ball through, Reading will intercept but there'll be a mix up and Harris will latch on for a quick pass to an unmarked Rhodes.  One touch to control, one touch to fire it in the back of the net.  Boom.

Nailed on.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Manwë said:

1-0 to Wednesday, Rhodes netting in the 83 minute after coming on as a sub in the 63rd.

Ball will be played out right, and then back in the middle.  Bannan will play a ball through, Reading will intercept but there'll be a mix up and Harris will latch on for a quick pass to an unmarked Rhodes.  One touch to control, then Rhodes trips over his own feet.

Nailed on.

I've changed it to a more likely scenario.lol

2 hours ago, Watto said:

Quite simply because in spite of everything he is still a better striker than Kachunga and Paterson.

59 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Originally DC was interested in buying Reading but due to MM intervention and family persuasion  decided on us. ( Lucky us ! )

I wonder where Reading would be now if under DC ownership.

Anyhow. I hope we win tonight but can't see past a 0 - 3 defeat. The agony continues.

Bet he whished he bought Reading.:Chansiri:

Looking at it from a neutral stand point, Reading would have been a better choice for someone like him though.

10 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

And as Don said after yet another fan said ‘ I’m not watching any more of this c**p.

Ive done with this set of wasters”

You can check out any time you want 

But you can never leave 

Don also said “We pay heavenly bills”....he must have been referring to the wage bills of the mercenaries in the treatment room who were scrolling their phones checking out which car and watch to buy.