Players out of contract next summer

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

A footballer is a funny thing some need a rollocking, some need an arm round their shoulder.

No footballer needs to be told we don't need then expect them to play out the remaining 23 games and even funnier be surprised when they won't sign on for the last 9 games.

If you don't want a player tell them at the end of the season not half way through when the team was sitting in the play offs in the league

Yes GM was a qualified muppet and Thank god he is no longer our muppet.lol

They are no different to the staff currently being told their company is folding,and they are to be made redundent. They are paid handsomely to do a job to the best of their ability....not as a favour,but as part of a contract.

We were not there but there is no guarantee out of favour or alleged 'bad attitude' players would have behaved any differently at all

People are not stupid and cant be spoonfed bullsh*t about their potential future at a club....they & the manager will have seen the writing on the wall........monk just said it in the open,for the benefit of the media/fans....

The players concerned will have worked out for themselves they probably were not in his plans(or didnt allegedly want to be even if asked like Fletcher/Fox)

25 minutes ago, parajack said:

They are no different to the staff currently being told their company is folding,and they are to be made redundent. They are paid handsomely to do a job to the best of their ability....not as a favour,but as part of a contract.

We were not there but there is no guarantee out of favour or alleged 'bad attitude' players would have behaved any differently at all

People are not stupid and cant be spoonfed bullsh*t about their potential future at a club....they & the manager will have seen the writing on the wall........monk just said it in the open,for the benefit of the media/fans....

The players concerned will have worked out for themselves they probably were not in his plans(or didnt allegedly want to be even if asked like Fletcher/Fox)

No manager with half a brain cell tells half his squad that they wont be getting anew contract then expect their performance level to not be affect.

The players may expect to be leaving in the summer but you confirm it when the season is over not with 23 games left.

Sugar coating how ever you want it was a muppet thing to do and thank god he is no longer at the cdlub.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No manager with half a brain cell tells half his squad that they wont be getting anew contract then expect their performance level to not be affect.

The players may expect to be leaving in the summer but you confirm it when the season is over not with 23 games left.

Sugar coating how ever you want it was a muppet thing to do and thank god he is no longer at the cdlub.

You keep spouting this nonsense in every thread and it’s completely wrong. Players pretty much always enter talks when coming into the last 6 months of their contract.
If You really think a player will be happily strung along until the last days of their contract following the carrot of a new contract held from a stick by the club then you’re either very naive or a complete idiot. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You keep spouting this nonsense in every thread and it’s completely wrong. Players pretty much always enter talks when coming into the last 6 months of their contract.
If You really think a player will be happily strung along until the last days of their contract following the carrot of a new contract held from a stick by the club then you’re either very naive or a complete idiot. 

Well somebody had to tell him.............

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

No professional manager tell half his team they are not getting contract renew.

The tell them to play for a new deal, or work to get a deal they don't flatly tell them your a gonner, because if you do that you get a team 3rd in the league that ends up being lucky the season did not go on a few weeks more and they get relegated.

Most professional football teams do not leave it until the last few months to renew contracts and very few team in the top 2 division of English football have double figure numbers of players leaving every season.

No we are on one off, run by someone who shows year on year he still does not have a clue what he is doing and is too stubborn to get people into the club who do.

It would appear to be the complete fools are the ones who thinks the club under the current ownership has learn anything in these last 5 years other than how to consistently lose money and manage every aspect of the club extremely badly.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No professional manager tell half his team they are not getting contract renew.

The tell them to play for a new deal, or work to get a deal they don't flatly tell them your a gonner, because if you do that you get a team 3rd in the league that ends up being lucky the season did not go on a few weeks more and they get relegated.

Most professional football teams do not leave it until the last few months to renew contracts and very few team in the top 2 division of English football have double figure numbers of players leaving every season.

No we are on one off, run by someone who shows year on year he still does not have a clue what he is doing and is too stubborn to get people into the club who do.

It would appear to be the complete fools are the ones who thinks the club under the current ownership has learn anything in these last 5 years other than how to consistently lose money and manage every aspect of the club extremely badly.

There are 251 championship players who are out of contract at the end of this season so we are not alone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

There are 251 championship players who are out of contract at the end of this season so we are not alone.

But how many of the current 24 championship teams only have 6 players in contract after June 2021 - I bet the answer is 1 club only

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But how many of the current 24 championship teams only have 6 players in contract after June 2021 - I bet the answer is 1 club only

The answer is actually none, the two lowest are:-

Millwall who will have 7 and Huddersfield who will have 9

I believe we actually have 34 players including loans in contract at present.

14 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The answer is actually none, the two lowest are:-

Millwall who will have 7 and Huddersfield who will have 9

I believe we actually have 34 players including loans in contract at present.

Thats not what I said though was it I said how many team will only have 6 players in contract after June 21 i.e the end of the season we have Borner, Loungo, 2 keepers and possible Iorfa and Dunkley

27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Thats not what I said though was it I said how many team will only have 6 players in contract after June 21 i.e the end of the season we have Borner, Loungo, 2 keepers and possible Iorfa and Dunkley

And I replied none.

What about Dunkley and Palmer ? 

Keep 

Bannan

Reach

Lees

Harris

We can't afford to lose 15 players and replace them all.

We got rid of a lot of players in the summer, replaced by rubbish or not replaced at all.

If they all went next summer, you'd be looking at needing 20 players, impossible!

13 hours ago, parajack said:

No because no one has shown any interest(BB) aside have they?...so its players costing us  collectively allegedly millions in wages walking..

Over the last few years we have had interest in a few of our players but not at a point when we wanted to sell them. Reach and Lees have attracted bids in the past.

Reach and Rhodes alone whether anyone wants them or not were investments of 13m that come to nothing.