Fernando Forestieri

Guest Therealrealist

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

And the fee and wages for the other player for those missing 30 games?

Well there is that but my point is you could play one of the kids on hardly any wages for 30 games and FF for the others and the output would still be the same as Harris

It wasn’t acceptable to only get 10 games out of him. Looking at his record he played most games the first two years, was injured most of year 3 but then his lack of game time was more down to not being selected over the last two seasons plus the time spent suspended. The guy lost his motivation.. Should have been sold but given he was here the managers should have found a way of helping him add something. Felt like Monk basically consigned him, Rhodes, Hutchinson and Westwood all to the scrap heap when we were paying them huge wages.

The fact that we now have Harris who scores about 3 a season and assists the same again in place of the likes of Wallace and FF who scored and assisted two or three times as much is the main reason we’re now at the bottom

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well there is that but my point is you could play one of the kids on hardly any wages for 30 games and FF for the others and the output would still be the same as Harris

It wasn’t acceptable to only get 10 games out of him. Looking at his record he played most games the first two years, was injured most of year 3 but then his lack of game time was more down to not being selected over the last two seasons plus the time spent suspended. The guy lost his motivation.. Should have been sold but given he was here the managers should have found a way of helping him add something. Felt like Monk basically consigned him, Rhodes, Hutchinson and Westwood all to the scrap heap when we were paying them huge wages.

The fact that we now have Harris who scores about 3 a season and assists the same again in place of the likes of Wallace and FF who scored and assisted two or three times as much is the main reason we’re now at the bottom

But

FF = 30k

Harris = 1Ok

Crap Kid = 1k

If I had 31k per week to spend I’d find a darn sight better, fitter player than FF to play for me all season, and get a performer for 40 games. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

But

FF = 30k

Harris = 1Ok

Crap Kid = 1k

If I had 31k per week to spend I’d find a darn sight better, fitter player than FF to play for me all season, and get a performer for 40 games. 

We need a happy medium.. more reliable and motivated yet a much better player than Harris, with the wages somewhere in between the two 

Tbh given the wage caps in league 1 and 2 now id expect the wages for the likes of Harris will come down from 10k. When he drops down to his level he’ll be on a fraction of that

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

So it’s taken him a quarter of a season to get his first start and first goal. Tearing it up. 

First start and he scores ..reckon he will be quite pleased tbh

In his last 3 seasons, FF did almost nothing on the field to earn the dedication some of you have to him. Its like a cult.

If he was here now, we'd see a flash of brilliance, the odd goal and just lots and lots of shenanigans. I think he'd get on Pulis' tats tbh. 

My hats off for your loyalty but its not something he really showed you back.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing with him is that he lost his desire and the worst thing for him was that he was basically stuck here for years because he’d signed a contract which was more money than someone else would pay.

When he came here at 25 he probably thought if he impressed he’d either get us promoted and get a chance in the PL or he’d get a move there. After Norwich gate and the new contract, then our failure to go up that season he was basically 27 on serious money and his chances of getting to the PL started to dwindle.

After the third year where he’d been injured for most of it and our season was a write off, he found himself age 28 with two years of big money left and at an age where the window to have a go at the top league was closing.

Thats why his motivation went and he probably only gave 80% the last couple of years because he realised he’d already peaked. Couple that with us having the types of manager who’d choose workmanlike togetherness over a bit of magic and then he never got selected which compounded the problem with him.

Earning double what he was worth basically ruined his career or i’m sure he’d have gone for a fresh start 2-3 years ago.

80 %  ???

More like 30

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A12owl said:

If it's his first start and he scores how good is that? 

How many has Kachunga or Harris scored so far? 

Please tell. 

It’s not a case of FF or Harris. The reason we are stuck with players like kachunga and harris and will be stuck with them for a long time is a direct result of paying the likes of FF millions a year to do nothing because they don’t want to play/can’t be bothered to train etc. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

In his last 3 seasons, FF did almost nothing on the field to earn the dedication some of you have to him. Its like a cult.

If he was here now, we'd see a flash of brilliance, the odd goal and just lots and lots of shenanigans. I think he'd get on Pulis' tats tbh. 

My hats off for your loyalty but its not something he really showed you back.

Exactly. Did nothing for 3 years and also had terrible discipline both on and off the pitch. All for a bargain 30k a week.

Offering him a new contract would have been ludicrous.

• Like 5