Fernando Forestieri

Guest Therealrealist

36 minutes ago, cowl said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

To me he looked like someone who was about to have his whole stash of midget muck discovered by his mother-in-law who also happened to be a midget and so he was worried he'd be sending her the wrong signals.

Quite specific, I know, but I'm good at reading footballer's backs.

So we agree then! 😉

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

It wasn't Forestieris fault that DC paid him whatever he did. Where do you get that he didn't want to play or be bothered to train? 

Owlstalk? 

Pretty common knowledge he didn’t want to play at Norwich unless you think it was just an owls talk rumour. It’s pretty rare to hear a club captain of any club publicly outing a fellow player for not trying in training but that’s exactly what Bannan did. 

49 minutes ago, A12owl said:

That's more than we will get from ANY of the current squad. 

Honestly at this point I'd take Windass. He seems to give a shiz. Is he hnically gifted? No. A professional, profofesional footballer? Yep. 

And Windsor will have scored more than hypothetical Fessi would by years end. 

Each to his own though. 🙂

Edited by DeBilde'sTea

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Bannan should have kept it in the club. 

Forestieri apologised to the club, manager and fans. I still cannot understand why people didn't accept the apology. 

Forgiveness is something that helps build bridges. 

I I dont think the ‘Scottish mafia’ had much time for ff...that’s what I’ve heard anyway..

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Bannan should have kept it in the club. 

Forestieri apologised to the club, manager and fans. I still cannot understand why people didn't accept the apology. 

Forgiveness is something that helps build bridges. 

So you blame Bannan for being honest and saying it like it is rather than the player who couldn’t be bothered to train. 

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

So many rumours. How much truth? 

Plenty imo..if you weren’t in the right clique down there in last few seasons it wudnt have been a great place to train and play football..imo..

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Fair answer. Do you have proof or just a guess. 

I’ve spoke to people..who would know about these things..

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Those people being? 

Stop fishing..you don’t need to know..and I never go blabbin or poeople wudnt tell me owt

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Plenty imo..if you weren’t in the right clique down there in last few seasons it wudnt have been a great place to train and play football..imo..

This 'Scottish mafia' clique was run by who exactly? How many were involved? 

10 hours ago, A12owl said:

No. That sort of stuff should be kept behind closed doors. No good professional should criticise a fellow professional let alone a team member in public. 

You don't see many managers publically criticise a player. It's just unprofessional. Bad ethics from Bannan. 

Eh?

Tony Pulis is getting applauded for his open honest approach 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I did say "many" managers. 

What has he said that has criticised an individual player anyway? 

A good manager of any sort of business would never rollock an employee in front of other staff. 

Brian Clough, Mourinho, Alex Ferguson have ALL done that 

So to summarise - youre 100% incorrect 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313

Reading this thread you’d get the impression that Bannan didn’t like FF or something. But on the pitch they seemed to get on well when you looked at their body language. In the same interview that he made one passing comment about his training he also said he was the most talented player at the club.. and Fletcher picked him out from that description.

Bottom line is different players have different needs, especially the foreign ones. Sometimes an arm around the shoulder is what’s needed and that could have maybe made all the difference to his training. Unfortunately we had a manager who had little emotional intelligence who kicked out all of the best players in favour of ones who ‘look like they fit in to a winning dressing room’, who ironically barely won at all.

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

No. That sort of stuff should be kept behind closed doors. No good professional should criticise a fellow professional let alone a team member in public. 

You don't see many managers publically criticise a player. It's just unprofessional. Bad ethics from Bannan. 

I get the impression Bannan coming out publicly criticising Forestieri was a pre panned move from the team and manager to get a positive reaction from him.

The had tried everything else to get him to knuckle down and that was the last throw of the dice.

35 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Reading this thread you’d get the impression that Bannan didn’t like FF or something. But on the pitch they seemed to get on well when you looked at their body language. In the same interview that he made one passing comment about his training he also said he was the most talented player at the club.. and Fletcher picked him out from that description.

Bottom line is different players have different needs, especially the foreign ones. Sometimes an arm around the shoulder is what’s needed and that could have maybe made all the difference to his training. Unfortunately we had a manager who had little emotional intelligence who kicked out all of the best players in favour of ones who ‘look like they fit in to a winning dressing room’, who ironically barely won at all.

Monk was not the only manager to find Foresteri hard to manage.
FF should have had a much better career with his talent. He basically didn't because he had the temperament of a stroppy teenager.

Guest LondonOwl313
33 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Monk was not the only manager to find Foresteri hard to manage.
FF should have had a much better career with his talent. He basically didn't because he had the temperament of a stroppy teenager.

There are loads of players like that though.. Di Canio was similar. Good managers like Atkinson and Redknapp got good performances out of him whereas others like Wilson chucked him under a bus because he was wired differently. Would take a bit of genius over hard work and no talent any day