Fernando Forestieri

Guest Therealrealist

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Easy. Harris.

FF plays 10 matches. Harris plays 40.

FF thinks he’s a striker. Harris knows he’s a winger. 

the last 3 seasons, FF played 52 times and Harris has played 59. 

Granted KH wasnt in favour at Cardiff hence its only 59, but facts are facts and FF was only 52 apps because we rushed him back for the playoffs, and broke him to the point where he had to have an ACL operation. 

That's not me advocating we should still have him here on massive wages either btw, because i don't believe we should. 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sexpistol said:

This.

I still shudder when I think of Andy Booth

Lets be honest, we could really do with an Andy Booth right now. The boy wasnt prolific, and was no Alan Shearer, but he scored goals in the EPL, and would definitely score goals in this quite average division.

51 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

the last 3 seasons, FF played 52 times and Harris has played 59. 

Granted KH wasnt in favour at Cardiff hence its only 59, but facts are facts and FF was only 52 apps because we rushed him back for the playoffs, and broke him to the point where he had to have an ACL operation. 

That's not me advocating we should still have him here on massive wages either btw, because i don't believe we should. 

I don’t think it’s worth looking back as far as 17/18.

You only need look at the last two seasons. 

Last season FF played 850 minutes to Harris’ 3400.

Harris had already played more in the first 1/4 of this season than Forestieri did in the whole of last season. 

While some are pining for FF, when considering the crop of attacking players which left us, we're missing the likes of Fletcher and Hooper. Injuries aside, they knew how to be part of a team.

I'm glad to see the back of Forestieri and the drama he came with, it was long overdue. If he were here today, it's naïve to think he'd be pulling up any trees.

Edited by bobness
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

https://hlfc.koralast.com/embed/8kDLT1OLVBtDr

don't know if this will work, but in typical FF fashion, every time someone scores he's has a little sulk because they didn't pass to him instead.

Looked delighted when Udinese scored their first, and was obviously delighted to have scored himself also. The other goal, he didn't seem to react much at all—was that the ‘little sulk’? Seems like a bit of a stretch.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

Have you all just started watching football?

Yeah, he's probably much happier there, enjoying life and playing better as a result. He wouldn't be playing like that here. A move to a new club helps players sometimes, especially when it involves a change of country and culture. Remarkable that people think if Forestieri was still here that this is the player we would have in our side week in, week out.  

Udinese is size of  Notts County. Lucky if on 5 grand a week.

Udinese virtually Austria with mountain climate.

It's all about man management , from owner and Head Coach.

To stop Fessy gonna EPL and sixty k per week - and reject £13 miilion for him - crazy.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Udinese is size of  Notts County. Lucky if on 5 grand a week.

Udinese virtually Austria with mountain climate.

It's all about man management , from owner and Head Coach.

To stop Fessy gonna EPL and sixty k per week - and reject £13 miilion for him - crazy.

Udinese are miles bigger than Notts County. Average around 20k crowds. If he’s on 5k a week I’ll eat my hat. Double it. He was a free transfer. 

It’s about a mercenary player having gullible fans wrapped around his finger. 

60k a week. Not a prayer. 

£13m. Not a prayer. 

Other than all that, it’s a really accurate post. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Udinese are miles bigger than Notts County. Average around 20k crowds. If he’s on 5k a week I’ll eat my hat. Double it. He was a free transfer. 

It’s about a mercenary player having gullible fans wrapped around his finger. 

60k a week. Not a prayer. 

£13m. Not a prayer. 

Other than all that, it’s a really accurate post. 

Owned by Pozzo - they don't pay daft. Italy pays nowt, except very top guys.

Blades  got bigger crowds than us last season. Are they bigger?

Newcastle offered £13 mill, said Radio Sheff. Their ball boys on 60 k per week.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Owned by Pozzo - they don't pay daft. Italy pays nowt, except very top guys.

Blades  got bigger crowds than us last season. Are they bigger?

Newcastle offered £13 mill, said Radio Sheff. Their ball boys on 60 k per week.

I’m not spending anymore time arguing that Udinese are bigger than Notts County. My time is too precious. 

At the minute United are miles bigger than us. On and off the pitch. Historically, the gap isn’t as big as the blue and white wearing specs people on here think. 

If we turned down that money from Newcastle, which I very much doubt, we want dry bumming. Bruce likes a few transfer so why didn’t he come back for him in the summer. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m not spending anymore time arguing that Udinese are bigger than Notts County. My time is too precious. 

At the minute United are miles bigger than us. On and off the pitch. Historically, the gap isn’t as big as the blue and white wearing specs people on here think. 

If we turned down that money from Newcastle, which I very much doubt, we want dry bumming. Bruce likes a few transfer so why didn’t he come back for him in the summer. 

Ok , Bournemouth , who got bigger crowds too last season than us.

Newcastle about to bin Dwight and Murphy so think there squad's been improved in last 3 years.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Looked delighted when Udinese scored their first, and was obviously delighted to have scored himself also. The other goal, he didn't seem to react much at all—was that the ‘little sulk’? Seems like a bit of a stretch.

He couldn't sulk on the first because he was obviously offside, like you say he scored the 3rd himself...........but the 2nd he turned and walked away from the celebration, you could tell he was miffed that he got into a good position and didn't receive the pass.

He's a sulking sulker imo.

15 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

He couldn't sulk on the first because he was obviously offside, like you say he scored the 3rd himself...........but the 2nd he turned and walked away from the celebration, you could tell he was miffed that he got into a good position and didn't receive the pass.

He's a sulking sulker imo.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

To me he looked like someone who was about to have his whole stash of midget muck discovered by his mother-in-law who also happened to be a midget and so he was worried he'd be sending her the wrong signals.

Quite specific, I know, but I'm good at reading footballer's backs.