Pulis doing exactly what he needs to do

9 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Sorry to be dumb, but could you explain, as in actual examples from yesterdays game, which parts were 'boring style'? 

We was well organised and got the job done. Unless you dont like football, i fail to see what was boring about the match?

Call me old fashioned but I quite enjoy shots on target and taking game to the opposition.

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Call me old fashioned but I quite enjoy shots on target and taking game to the opposition.

Yes we all do, but we dont have a striker capable yet.

Can someone explain to me what else Pulis could have done over the last 3 games to improve our football into a more free flowing and free scoring style ? 

1st game down to 10 men after 15 mins 

Second game , best we have played this season for the first half 

3rd game just a battle and didn’t concede against a free scoring side 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Disagree - they picked the wrong bloke to replace him. That gave them a huge problem. If you put Brazil 70 at 1 and John Beck’s Cambridge at 10 you don’t have to aim for 1. A steady 5 will do combined with the right manager. It’s about style and manager combined. 

Anyway you can be happy. Your man is in the job. Rejoice in all the pomp and circumstance he will undoubtedly bring to the footballing table. All we “haterz” can do is harumph from our settees. 

Couple of questions Ricky

Which Wednesday managers have you liked ?

Who would have been your choice to replace Monk ?

Ta

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Can someone explain to me what else Pulis could have done over the last 3 games to improve our football into a more free flowing and free scoring style ? 

1st game down to 10 men after 15 mins 

Second game , best we have played this season for the first half 

3rd game just a battle and didn’t concede against a free scoring side 

Well, he could have played a 3-5-2 formation and let our speedy skilled wing backs get the crosses in for our exceptional gifted centre forward. :rolleyes:

Maybe another time?

2 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

People moaning about the boring football need to realise that Pulis is doing exactly what he needed to come in and do.

A bore draw against a stoke team that has scored 11 goals in their last 4 games on paper is actually a very good result. 

A bore draw against a swansea side in the play offs who have lost 1 in their last 7 is on paper a very good result. 

And by all accounts wouldve been another draw against preston but for a mistake. 

It doesn't matter how good a team you are if you concede more goals than you score then you are in trouble and we are not a team to score lots of goals so he absolutely has to make us hard to beat and lay defensive foundations (considering the games before coming in we lost to Luton, Wycombe and Rotherham) and then build from there to work on the attacking side of our play. 

I'd understand it if we'd just sacked a manager that played attractive football but Moneks football was just as bad and would anyone generally swap boring draws against the better sides for boring defeats against the worst sides?

We are so deluded as a fanbase that we expect free flowing attacking football, something that we've had a few times in the last 20 odd years. We need an experienced manager to come in and do a job to get us out of this season alive and TP is the man for the job and does generally seem to care about building the club back up. 

Get behind him, get to January so he can buy his own players and actually sign a striker that suits his system and get on with it.

I agree, we are in a complete mess. Pulis is the best option to get us going again. I'm confident for the first time in years we are actually in safe hands

49 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

What specifically bored you though? Was it a certain pass, tackle, run, move? Or is it just because its the thing to say with Pulis in charge?

I think we was very well organised, showed a lot of desire, and on another day we would have nicked the win.

Start from the first minute then work forward

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Would fans be happy to play attractive football and loose games and get relegated.

The two things are not mutually exclusive. That’s the point. You can play attractive football and win games and stay up. You can also play attritional defensive football and loose games and get relegated. 

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm not against him as such, just don't enjoy his brand of football. 

His brand of football is what we need to stay up, tight defence and nicking games by the odd goal. Obviously the second part will be rare until we het some forwards in.

Guest whowantstoberich
23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Start from the first minute then work forward

Ah right. So no actual examples then, just a bandwagon you’ve jumped on?

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

How does 37% possession, 5 shots in 90mins, and none on target whilst choosing to finish the game with 3 right backs , 3 centre backs, 4 midfielders and no strikers equate to “taking game to the opposition ?”