Team For Reading?

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Quite funny he says Paterson isn’t a striker and sees him as a midfielder and then he plays him as a striker. 

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes weird, especially after Paterson had put in a decent performance at Swansea, in midfield

We can assume that once Windass is back for Norwich on Saturday, Paterson will be back full-time in midfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

i like Windass but as with almost every one of our attackers I wouldn’t class him as an out an out striker. 

Neither would I. 

On the positive side he does create a few chances through his pace and strength. 
On the negative side his decision making, shooting and crossing are very poor. He needs lots of chances to score. 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

We do of course but I think Pulis wants us to stay in games for as long as possible and keep conceding goals to a minimum to get some confidence back and a solid base to work from.  As after the horrendous fixtures he is starting with, there’s a run of games where we can be more adventurous. 

Are defending hasn't really been a big problem aside from Rotherham match, are forward problem is more concerning. Yeah I was looking at the next few fixtures after Norwich and hopefully we will pick up some wins if we haven't done so by then. 

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

But we all know that this is a 4-5-1 in disguise as Harris and Odubajo will be wide of the three central midfielders.

Yeah, sorry.

14 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

It will be the same team that started yesterday with Windass on the bench.

Anybody expecting anything other than a 0-0 draw is living in cloud cuckoo land as we tread water  until the window.

Windass will still be suspended, he'll be back Saturday. My optimism has faded after watching yesterdays game haha.

I'd go

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Borner Penny

Bannan  Luongo  

Harris      Brown     Reach

Paterson 

Put players in their natural positions.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd go

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Borner Penny

Bannan  Luongo  

Harris      Brown     Reach

Paterson 

Put players in their natural positions.

I think that’s as good an attacking side, that we could put out, even though I concede that Paterson is not a striker

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Won’t touch the defence.

Harris, Bannan and Reach are the only players to have had a shot - they are certs.

Luongo and Paterson nailed on if fit.

So the only questions are Shaw and striker.

Can’t see him starting Rhodes or Kachunga, so surely Paterson starts up front.

Ive a feeling he’ll bring in Brown or Joey for Shaw.

Wildsy

Palms Leesy Borney Dutch

Kads Massi Bazza Browny Reachy

Pats

Few more weeks for TP to work his magic and I really like the look of that team going forward. 

We won’t score many but if this fine defensive form continues we’ll slowly climb back up the table! 

Plenty of options to mix it up with Odubajo, Rhodes and Windass!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hitcat said:

These threads are irrelevant with pulis in charge. 4-3-3 😆🤣

Everything we say on here is irrelevant really, it's only for people who like doing/talking about the team. I meant 4-5-1, somebody

already pointed it out. Thanks for your input though.lol

8 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

When's Windass back?

12 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Windass will still be suspended, he'll be back Saturday. My optimism has faded after watching yesterdays game haha.

Can't see too many changes to be honest.

Pulis said the other day, he's reluctant to chop and change because he wants players to get used to their roles.

A couple might get a rest, but I suspect, it'll be a similar make up to Saturday's selection.

----------------------------Wildsmith----------------------------

Palmer------------Lees-----------Borner-------Odubajo

----------------------Pelupessy-------Bannan---------------

Harris---------------------Brown----------------------Reach

-----------------------------Paterson----------------------------

Suspect Luongo may be granted a rest, given he's carrying an injury. Odubajo will probably come back in after his rest at the weekend. His mobility and pace will be useful against Reading's pacy front line...Van Aken could get a runaround if he plays. Not sure Pulis will have seen Bannan's more advanced position as a success, and may see it as a good opportunity to have a look at Brown in that advanced position, and drop Bannan back into the deeper midfield slot.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thanks - with games almost every three days, it’s easy to lose sight of who’s back or not....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Thanks - with games almost every three days, it’s easy to lose sight of who’s back or not....

No problem. We've got Dunkley,Flint and Marriott still out long term. Iorfa back this week or next, maybe. Westwood around 2 weeks and are U23 forwards Adedoyin and maybe Hagan for some weeks, if we plan on using them anyway.

20 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Paterson tho:duntmatter:

Up front, yeah I agree haha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Can't see too many changes to be honest.

Pulis said the other day, he's reluctant to chop and change because he wants players to get used to their roles.

A couple might get a rest, but I suspect, it'll be a similar make up to Saturday's selection.

----------------------------Wildsmith----------------------------

Palmer------------Lees-----------Borner-------Odubajo

----------------------Pelupessy-------Bannan---------------

Harris---------------------Brown----------------------Reach

-----------------------------Paterson----------------------------

Suspect Luongo may be granted a rest, given he's carrying an injury. Odubajo will probably come back in after his rest at the weekend. His mobility and pace will be useful against Reading's pacy front line...Van Aken could get a runaround if he plays. Not sure Pulis will have seen Bannan's more advanced position as a success, and may see it as a good opportunity to have a look at Brown in that advanced position, and drop Bannan back into the deeper midfield slot.

Can we believe what Pulis says though. Didn’t he say last week, that he doesn’t see Paterson as a striker, then promptly plays him there. If he really believes he can get double figures from a midfield position, then play him there FFS

• Thanks 1