I’d rather draw 0-0 with Stoke..

Guest Therealrealist

50 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well last season we lost at Swansea and Preston and this year we got a point.. last season we beat stoke at home 1-0 and this season they’re a stronger team so only drew. The season won’t be determined by the last 3 games.. it will he determined against the dross.

This season so far we’ve played 14 games and apart from the 3 game Luton, Rotherham Wycombe debacle we’re about par for the course.. 6 points from them which is what you’d expect with a competent manager and ignoring the points deduction we’d be on 20 and solidly mid table.

If Pulis repeats that against them when we play all the weak sides again next month then we’re screwed.. will reserve judgment on the style of play and stuff until we see whether we can get wins where it matters against these teams 

TP will not be the arbiter of SWFCs fortunes....to some extent thats already a done deal....Players on decent money coming to the end of long contracts,knowing there time is numbered(you know who you are!!) Others out of form,or simply not fancied by the current manager, & facing an unknown future....

Others frankly simply not good enough,or consistent enough.....Thats the picking pool that our manager(and the previous one) from which our manager will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat...Will it be any surprise than if we continue struggle?

COURSE it should make no difference whatsoever to a players attitude/form if his contracts due,in a negative sense.

They should be giving their all...come what may,fighting for a place in the team,gutted when they are left out....

Team doesnt need tinkering or 'fine tuning'...needs a complete overhaul from TP

Remains to be seen if it can be done whilst retaining Championship survival

On 28/11/2020 at 23:22, Andrew6666 said:

Pulis ball, it's going to be awful. I just hope he gets a win soon, because we've all suffered enough already in lockdown without having to put up with performances like today. 

Doesnt matter so much whilst the fans are not in the ground,can always not watch ifollow....when the fans are allowed back,will be the real test..

People want entertaining,and wont want to pay good money and see no  goals,and possession football...

Want attacking fast flowing football,and plenty of goal action....not sideways passing & back to the GK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

So what sort of points return from his first five matches, would be deemed as acceptable?

8 points from first 5 games.

I was hoping for a bit of a new manager bounce but we have not had that.
Yes far too early to judge if Pulis was a good choice, think you have to give him until end of the season to form an opinion.
But I don't understand these people saying its already much better then when Monk was in charge, I see no difference at all.

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

yeah but we are playing better ....we look a solid team  now in 2 thirds of the pitch .......obviously we need some punch up front but that would be the case no matter who was in charge 

We had clean sheets under the last manager, we also had more possession. We aren't playing better.