Will the pigs sack Mardiola?

Guest Theboylangers

Guest Theboylangers

As we Owls know after our miserable losing sequences under the ill fated Monk, the fans start asking questions of the manager when results are bad.

Indeed, many of our fans were saying no other club would put up with the sequence of losses that we were racking up at the time. 

Now Wilder is on an even worse run than Monk ever managed with us. 

His team look disjointed, expensive signings not fitting into the his famous 'system'.

Worst start in Premier League history.

At what point does the Poundland Prince pull the trigger? 

Eventually, they will have to sack him. 

I reckon he's probably got two or three more games to pick up a win, or they'll pull the trigger. 

The idea that you just hang onto him irrespective is laughable imo. Yeah, he got them to the PL in the space of a few season and what not, but that doesn't in somehow make him immune from criticism or the reality of being a football manager. He's spent in excess of 120 million and produced a team which can't pick up points or score. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great lower league manager that just got lucky with his system surprising many in the Prem for a season.

Now found out and his system in it's current form probably requires another £100m spend on the right players to still do it.

They'll keep him I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reckon he’s got 3 or 4 more games 

no win from these fixtures and he will be on his way 

it will be dressed up as he’s walked As he’s taken them as far as he can ... simply in order to strike a deal on his severance package and maintain his one of their own humble pashunate image with The great unwashed fan base 

but he will be sacked 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

With his "900+ games never been sacked" ego wouldn't be surprised if he walks before the trigger is pulled. 

Wouldn't surprise me either. Could be Poundland will allow him to walk or be sacked. If he walks they can say he's done it for the good of the club because he's one of our own and bleeds red and white.

20 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I would be incredibly surprised if they sack him.

If the current form keeps up then they'll have to.

1 point out of 30? 

Doesn't that solitary point break up some 15 or so league losses if you count last season too.

Better managers than him have been sacked for a lot less. The fact he's one of them and so on should only carry him so far.

Claudio Raneiri and Jose Mourinho got sacked the season after winning the PL, so Chrissy Wissy Wilder getting his p45 after finishing 9th doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

Edited by SiJ

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, SiJ said:

If the current form keeps up then they'll have to.

1 point out of 30? 

Doesn't that solitary point break up some 15 or so league losses if you count last season too.

Better managers than him have been sacked for a lot less. The fact he's one of them and so on should only carry him so far.

Claudio Raneiri and Jose Mourinho got sacked the season after winning the PL, so Chrissy Wissy Wilder getting his p45 after finishing 9th doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

Fair points, but I think his achievement in getting them back to the top table and dragging them from the wilderness...😄 will stop him from being sacked any time soon.