Tony Pulis "It's a tough gig this one. It's going to be a tough gig"

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Answer me this

How many of our managers in the last six years have said after arriving that they knew exactly what they were getting into, and that after a while said they had found it to be exactly what they expected??

I will give you the answer - not one

Without exception every single manager has mentioned that it’s a worse situation/squad that they thought when taking the job 

I hope this comment from Pulis isn’t the start of a bigger problem 

We’ll see !!   UTO 

Guest Mcguigan

Cynicism effects my thoughts more as I get older. 

Unless he's been living under a Covid restricted rock for 9 months, he surely must have read, watched or heard of our woes and how the chances of them improving in the near future are very low. 

But, with the offer of employment and maybe a couple of years contract, what's he got to lose?

If it turns sour very quickly and he loses his job, no harm done. It was a tough job, we're a basket case and he gets paid a hefty slice of his contract up. 

If he makes a success of it, his reputation is boosted and he'll probably negotiate a new contract. 

Can't lose old TP. 

On 29/11/2020 at 17:19, Gob_Bluth said:

Its like in my job

You have the interview, everything is cordial, they explain what they want, you tell them how you could do it, all seems good and you agree a start date

Then you start and find out the last guy has run off with all the system passwords, no one else in the business knew what he was doing ,he created a system only he knew how to use, he hasn't run maintenance on the system for a good few years and he left before everything went to poo and had to be accountable for his actions.

I reckon that how we're been run 🤣

Perfect analogy. We're also running on Cobol, as the last guy migrated to Cobol just last year!

Genuinely don’t understand what folk expect Pulis to do at this point other than make us as hard to beat as he can. 
All of the forruds who have left over the past year or so - Hooper, Joao, FF, Fletch, Wickham etc would walk (or more likely hobble) into this team. The one we’ve got left with - Rhodes - bless him - is useless outside the 6 yard box.
i wish he’d give the Man City lad a run in the team but he has hardly looked a world beater. Wonder if he could persuade them to lend us the young Delap instead for old times sake?

In the meantime, it wouldn’t surprise me if  he played the famous Jos at Millwall 5-5-0 formation for the next two matches. 

On 30/11/2020 at 09:39, Pressman 1 said:

It is tough when you have no strikers,pulis it’s starting to realise what he let himself in for unfortunately unless we sort a striker soon we will go down lack of firepower will cost us 

It sure doesn’t help. However, he was brought in as a trusted guy who would get results by getting the most out of what he has. 

Chansiri’s legacy;

- points deduction

-  lost our biggest asset as a business 

- assembled one of the worst squads we have in recent history 

- charged more for tickets and merchandise that at any point in our history 

- refused to communicate properly 

- quite amazingly, made me grateful that a manager like Pulis would manage us.

- tried to get rid of stripes

- changed our badge

He is far from the type of manager I would want, but in the circumstances Chansiri has put us in, I’m really happy we have Pulis. But that speaks volumes.

The most concerning matter for me, is that Pulis can paper over cracks, but Chansiri has no self awareness. He needs to realise he is making a mess worse and worse. He NEEDS to put in a place a more professional structure for the club. 

I would rather he spent the club’s income recruiting the top scouts, coaches, physios, Director of Football, Kit person...I don’t know but the state of this club in his reign is miserable! 

So Chansiri, the next time you want to spend over £10 million on a striker we don’t need ‘because the fans wanted him’, perhaps use some of that £10 million to recruit someone to tell you that isn’t a good idea

Chansiri’s legacy;

- points deduction

-  lost our biggest asset as a business 

- assembled one of the worst squads we have in recent history 

- charged more for tickets and merchandise that at any point in our history 

- refused to communicate properly 

- quite amazingly, made me grateful that a manager like Pulis would manage us.

- tried to get rid of stripes

- changed our badge

- created wild, ridiculous schemes to cover up for his financial incompetence 

He is far from the type of manager I would want, but in the circumstances Chansiri has put us in, I’m really happy we have Pulis. But that speaks volumes.

The most concerning matter for me, is that Pulis can paper over cracks, but Chansiri has no self awareness. He needs to realise he is making a mess worse and worse. He NEEDS to put in a place a more professional structure for the club. 

I would rather he spent the club’s income recruiting the top scouts, coaches, physios, Director of Football, Kit person...I don’t know but the state of this club in his reign is miserable! 

So Chansiri, the next time you want to spend over £10 million on a striker we don’t need ‘because the fans wanted him’, perhaps use some of that £10 million to recruit someone to tell you that isn’t a good idea.

So thank you Chansiri for all your son and yourself have done for the club we love. We look forward to the next 5 years of your fantastic reign.

When you’ve finished here, can I recommend you apply for a job with the UK government? I think you’d fit right in there with your high levels of competence, excellent planning skills and deep knowledge of the people.

Lots of Love

On 29/11/2020 at 22:19, Gob_Bluth said:

Its like in my job

You have the interview, everything is cordial, they explain what they want, you tell them how you could do it, all seems good and you agree a start date

Then you start and find out the last guy has run off with all the system passwords, no one else in the business knew what he was doing ,he created a system only he knew how to use, he hasn't run maintenance on the system for a good few years and he left before everything went to poo and had to be accountable for his actions.

I reckon that how we're been run 🤣

Let me guess, software developer?